Tired of pathetic bat durability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
On the flip side, maybe there will always be a segment of the bat market that is willing to chase performance no matter the cost. One bat model gets a lot of feedback about durability, but you still see a million of those bats out there performing well in the hands of so many hitters - so maybe it's a little overblown or the market hasn't corrected yet.
I also think of it this way...you never hear the good stuff...only bad...hahaha. Just like the car buyers. If you love it, you just enjoy.
If something goes wrong, you're everywhere blasting it. Its human nature.

Sep 19, 2018
On my dd team (12U) we've had 3 different players and 4 bats break in the past 9 months. 3 Ghosts and an Advanced. All drop 10's. I would only consider one of the 3 to be anything close to a power hitter. Yeah bats break, it happens. But there sure do seem like a lot more of them are eastons than anything else.

Dec 11, 2010
Same post comes up here 8x a year.

No one can ever explain the D1 bomb droppers and laser blasters swinging -10’s that AREN’T breaking 2 bats per week.

Do the Abbey Cheeks of the world have a new bat waiting for them every Monday when they got to practice? Of course not.

So we have to slow down the swing of a 15 year old because it’s approaching the 85 mph bat speed of the above mentioned hitter? I doubt it.

Are they not hitting machine pitched balls? Yep. They are.

BTW, dd has over 100 mph exit speed when hitting dimple baseballs out of a Hack Attack with a LXT. (Yes, even I am glad that was a team bat, and no- that was not my idea, lol.)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Same post comes up here 8x a year.

No one can ever explain the D1 bomb droppers and laser blasters swinging -10’s that AREN’T breaking 2 bats per week.

Did the Abbey Cheeks of the world have a new bat waiting for them every Monday when they got to practice?

BTW, dd has over 100 mph exit speed when hitting dimple baseballs out of a Hack Attack with a LXT. (Yes, even I am glad that was a team bat, lol.)

I agree. Here’s my 18yo college bound DD this past Sunday with her GA she’s had since November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
If people want the highest performance the rules allow, with constraints on how heavy the bat is going to be and the current limits of material science, the sacrifice is going to be durability. It doesn't take somebody with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering to understand that. If airplane designers didn't have to worry about a plane dropping out of the sky they could design them to perform better (in terms of various measures) than they do...

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
If people want the highest performance the rules allow, with constraints on how heavy the bat is going to be and the current limits of material science, the sacrifice is going to be durability. It doesn't take somebody with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering to understand that. If airplane designers didn't have to worry about a plane dropping out of the sky they could design them to perform better (in terms of various measures) than they do...

I will say that this is common knowledge in the world of hockey. And stick manufacturers don’t give year long warranties. It’s why I’ve never gotten upset about durability of the Ghost.

Jun 8, 2016
I will say that this is common knowledge in the world of hockey. And stick manufacturers don’t give year long warranties. It’s why I’ve never gotten upset about durability of the Ghost.
Hockey parents have to put up with 5 AM practices (at least where I grew up in MA) so a stick breaking is the least of their worries..🤣

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30