College players using Xeno over Meta and LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I bought one new when they were really cheap, Anna wouldn't give it the time of day! :rolleyes: I used it for infield and outfield practice, I really liked it but eventually gave it to some girl, on some team, in some galaxy far far away?

I just remembered, this Mako is the one I wrapped the barrel in masking tape and beat the crap out of it with a 2lb plastic dead blow hammer for about an hour, didn't have anything to lose.....and it made a huge difference right then!
Quick way to simulate 10K hits...hahahaha

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Perhaps? Nope that's pretty much it! Yes I also "feel" these new hot bats still new some breaking in but I can still remember ripping the wrapper off of two brand new bats and watching my DD step into the box and hit HR's in a game with those brand new bats!

So in reality, most bats now don't really need a break in period!
They need a slight bit of bp...BUT they still perform with no hits on them

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Never really had issue with breakage over the years. DD had an LXT-2017. Coach was hitting infield and told her the bat is slightly disconnected9wobble) at the handle. She never would have noticed. Since we bought through the team, through a dealer we sent it back for a warranty replacement. Still in the garage. Last year DD found a Blue Ghost in a closet at the field (34 drop 9) and starting using it for BP and said it was the hottest bat she ever used. Then the bat got sharks teeth, but she still hit with at practice and it was still hot even with holes. I think it still might be alive somewhere.
And exactly what I mean, there are people that never experience any issues ever...haha. Its like...hmmmmm

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Not sure if I shared before. We have some friends that moved into a house 2017. One day they told me: When we moved in there was a box that showed up for the previous owner and it just sat there for a couple of years. It was a bat. Since they are soccer people, bats are foreign to them. I was kind of excited until I saw what it was. It was an LS RXT. Guess who the previous home owners were? Georgia Clark's family who plays for LSU. I actually coached her in a Rec League All Star game. I thought about reaching out to her, but I figured she didn't care because it has been a few years and I thought I saw that she was swinging an LXT. I ended up giving it to one of my players that was a Big Girl who could handle it.

Dec 19, 2021
I have been wondering of late how many of the failures in these newer bats are due to the lack of break-in. If you think about an old school break in procedure, they didn't have you start wailing on it right away. Half swings or less, turn the barrel each time. Contact all over the barrel. Loosen up the fibers slowly and evenly.

Think about what a full swing impact does to a new bat when all the fibers are super tight, especially with the thinner walls. You get loose fibers right next to tight fibers and huge stress-risers.

I am not saying that is THE reason, just curiosity about the break in process and if it has any effect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad