LXT or Meta or Something Else

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
Texas uses Mizuno bats. Oklahoma uses Rawlings. The brand of bat doesn't matter.

Mar 15, 2024
Which part? The fact nobody else uses it at the travel level, or that sponsored teams use it?
The fact that it’s but more obscure. I actually haven’t seen any college teams use it. I’ve seen a bunch use the CBRN-1 but not the PWR CRBN.

I think it’s got better tech than most based on how it performs but its not one of the 3 brands everyone gravitates to for one reason or another.

Sep 19, 2018
There are only a few top flight brands / bats to choose from. The performance is all going to be similar. Power carbon from @CoreSoftball20 $ to performance cannot be beaten. However she is 11, let her tell you which one she wants that will make her happiest.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The fact that it’s but more obscure. I actually haven’t seen any college teams use it. I’ve seen a bunch use the CBRN-1 but not the PWR CRBN.

I think it’s got better tech than most based on how it performs but its not one of the 3 brands everyone gravitates to for one reason or another.
Do you have any basis for that, or is it just an opinion? If their tech was better, they'd sell a lot more bats, especially considering their price point. Yes, marketing has a lot to do with it, but they're just not popular.

May 20, 2015
I swung our power carbon the other day hitting to our OF........it took awhile, but the ball is jumping off of it right now

then i picked up an OG 34/25 Xeno that coach had, with no grip.......was hitting them over the girls heads and over the fence without trying lol

all the good bats are good.......the LXT is a workhouse, neither of my older DDs liked it one bit......one loves the GA, thinks the new one is the best of the bunch.......DD2 liked the GA, loves the Meta+......that PC swings super easy and once it opened up, the ball is jumping.......the only one i wouldn't give a whirl is the Meta, just seen too many "mehs" and too many issues

i'll be ordering another Meta+ from core next week.......the current one is well over a year old, it has a nice 'click' to it when you bounce it off your hand, so she'll get a new one with warranty for everything but games ;)

Mar 15, 2024
Do you have any basis for that, or is it just an opinion? If their tech was better, they'd sell a lot more bats, especially considering their price point. Yes, marketing has a lot to do with it, but they're just not popular.
Just my opinion after comparing it to other bats once we got 500 solid hits on the barrel.

My view is that what’s popular doesn’t have a lot to do with performance.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My view is that what’s popular doesn’t have a lot to do with performance.
Mizuno went thru many years of advertising badly and doing things completely wrong to try and beat
other brands fast and it literally ruined their name for years in the bat market. Not until when they released their
current named lineup a few years ago and the way they are going about advertising have they started to make a comeback.
They are watching who sells their stuff...although it may limit exposure, they dont want the bad raps to come back to their name.
They dont want anybody going on ebay or 3rd party sites at all to sell. Only auth stores selling thru their sites and their means.
They also keep very close as to who they allow to become dealers because of the above. Its a slow but steady process.
They also started investing in college teams and now have a pretty big group of colleges under their brand. Obvi, they cant
pull the likes of Oklahoma, Floride and schools like that from the big fp manufacturers...BUT they have picked up a lot of very
solid teams so they can get more quantity of teams to get more views. And they also have some good offensive teams which is big to them.

Their products will hit with anything performance wise and for the most part, just as durable or better. The strange thing
I hear is that a few people report multiple breakages but yet the majority have no issue. So I would like to look
into those particular returns or know what was going on which i will never be able to...haha. The thing to remember, their
bats are very balanced and close to sticker when buying to get the right weight. So if you are swinging a 33/23 of most any
bat (besides the CF), Mizuno bats will prob feel light in comparison.

Any questions on their products you can always text or pm :)

Oct 14, 2019
Mizuno went thru many years of advertising badly and doing things completely wrong to try and beat
other brands fast and it literally ruined their name for years in the bat market. Not until when they released their
current named lineup a few years ago and the way they are going about advertising have they started to make a comeback.
They are watching who sells their stuff...although it may limit exposure, they dont want the bad raps to come back to their name.
They dont want anybody going on ebay or 3rd party sites at all to sell. Only auth stores selling thru their sites and their means.
They also keep very close as to who they allow to become dealers because of the above. Its a slow but steady process.
They also started investing in college teams and now have a pretty big group of colleges under their brand. Obvi, they cant
pull the likes of Oklahoma, Floride and schools like that from the big fp manufacturers...BUT they have picked up a lot of very
solid teams so they can get more quantity of teams to get more views. And they also have some good offensive teams which is big to them.

Their products will hit with anything performance wise and for the most part, just as durable or better. The strange thing
I hear is that a few people report multiple breakages but yet the majority have no issue. So I would like to look
into those particular returns or know what was going on which i will never be able to...haha. The thing to remember, their
bats are very balanced and close to sticker when buying to get the right weight. So if you are swinging a 33/23 of most any
bat (besides the CF), Mizuno bats will prob feel light in comparison.

Any questions on their products you can always text or pm :)
They have the #1 college softball team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom