Louisville Slugger one X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Louisville Slugger one X...
After a ton of research, I think this is what I'll buy for my dd. But I'd like some reviews from actual owners first. Please and thanks, James

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD doesn't have one.

Her college coach told her that she will have one when she gets to their program. Can you wait for a year to hear what she thinks? :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My dd is 14 (freshman)... we're working out hard through out this winter... hoping to make varsity starting lineup come spring... need a new bat before then.
Congrats to your dd making it onto a college team!

Sep 18, 2011
There have only been a few reviews on the internet. Some good. Some tepid at best. Think it's too new and too expensive to experiment, especially since the release date kept getting pushed back. Leads me to believe that the bat was having problems when tested. Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not willing to spend big bucks on a bat without a track record.

Dec 21, 2011
My girl loves her onex. She thinks it swings a little lighter then the xeno and it has great pop. It is expensive but you can find deals if you look around online. I personally think it is a little hotter then the xeno.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
She didn't care for the xeno-10... says its balanced funny? Her older stealth was also a -10 but felt more end loaded... I'm like you... I'm not willing to drop $300+/- on a bat unless we're certain its perfect for her. She's 5'9" & 140#... lots of power. I'm going to get a 33", -9... any other suggestions on a "proven" bat?

You can probably pick up a 2012 CF5 for $149 to $199, if she could swing a drop 8 I saw one on closeoutbats.com for $99 talk about a steal.

I would definitely see if she could swing what you are thinking about buying first always best to know before hand what it is going to feel like, not a big fan of buying in the blind

Good Luck

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I think I am going to go against the "popular" exposed bat, and sometime this Spring, get DD this bat:
454 LEGIT COMP -9 FPL49

popup_image.php

Only problem is there are not many reviews for this bat, but I have heard nothing but good things about the Worth 454...so...we'll see if I spring for this. LOL.

BTW, she got the 2013 Xeno last month. Not too impressed with it myself, but she loves it. It's her first end-loaded bat, and she's doing fairly well with it. I just want her to have a balanced bat, and the above is what I have been looking at...no reason for wanting her to have it...other than I think she should swing both. LOL.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
I think I am going to go against the "popular" exposed bat, and sometime this Spring, get DD this bat:
454 LEGIT COMP -9 FPL49

popup_image.php

Only problem is there are not many reviews for this bat, but I have heard nothing but good things about the Worth 454...so...we'll see if I spring for this. LOL.

BTW, she got the 2013 Xeno last month. Not too impressed with it myself, but she loves it. It's her first end-loaded bat, and she's doing fairly well with it. I just want her to have a balanced bat, and the above is what I have been looking at...no reason for wanting her to have it...other than I think she should swing both. LOL.

First time i've ever heard of the Xeno described as end loaded. It is a balanced bat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06