Louisville Slugger one X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
She didn't care for the xeno-10... says its balanced funny? Her older stealth was also a -10 but felt more end loaded... I'm like you... I'm not willing to drop $300+/- on a bat unless we're certain its perfect for her. She's 5'9" & 140#... lots of power. I'm going to get a 33", -9... any other suggestions on a "proven" bat?

Pretty sure the only difference between a onex and xeno is the discs are composite in a onex, aluminum in a xeno. RUMOR is one college team was giving onexs' last spring and they destroyed them within the week. The whole concept of both bats is they are thin walls (like a shaved bat) and the discs are preventing them from going beyond the rules. (International and pro play with xenos that have no discs). IMO the point of a onex is to appeal to those who hate the metalic sound of a xeno.

It your dd is pure power, I would look at a one piece bat. My dd hits long ball with her xeno, but it is much much more consistently long with her miken freak. I truly believe she out flexes her xeno, some balls come off kind of sliced.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
If your DD can swing an end-loaded bat, you can never go wrong with a Rockettech.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
It does not come in a -9 from my understanding. Ordered one a few weeks ago should be here next week, will let you know what I think. I tried to get a 32-9 but was told they are not making -9's. I hit it at a demo day and it is a nice bat, I already loved the Xeno, but the ball seemed to jump off the OneX faster. My daughter is 14 as well 5"5 and 115 thus me going with a 32. Had a CF4 prior to this and she loved that bat. End cap cracked :-(

Sep 18, 2011
The Onex does come in -9, but only at 33 or 34 inches. You can get a 34/25 or a 33/24, but not a 32/23.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Pretty sure the only difference between a onex and xeno is the discs are composite in a onex, aluminum in a xeno. RUMOR is one college team was giving onexs' last spring and they destroyed them within the week. The whole concept of both bats is they are thin walls (like a shaved bat) and the discs are preventing them from going beyond the rules. (International and pro play with xenos that have no discs). IMO the point of a onex is to appeal to those who hate the metalic sound of a xeno.

It your dd is pure power, I would look at a one piece bat. My dd hits long ball with her xeno, but it is much much more consistently long with her miken freak. I truly believe she out flexes her xeno, some balls come off kind of sliced.

Don't know specific differences, but I do know that the discs/governor used in the 2013 Xeno and Onex are the same material. I don't recall whether the new 2013 disc material is aluminum or composite, but do know that it is NOT what was used in the 2012 Xenos! LS reps I've talked to state that the Onex is more of a power hitter bat than the Xeno, but YMMV.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Don't know specific differences, but I do know that the discs/governor used in the 2013 Xeno and Onex are the same material. I don't recall whether the new 2013 disc material is aluminum or composite, but do know that it is NOT what was used in the 2012 Xenos! LS reps I've talked to state that the Onex is more of a power hitter bat than the Xeno, but YMMV.

"The xeno's aluminum inner disc is upgraded to composite in the OneX's shell"
Louisville Slugger - The Slugger Story

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
My observations:
1) Xeno(s) bats claim to be balanced, but feel a little more end loaded than truly balanced.
2) OneX(s) bats were failing quickly (breaking apart) at the connection between the barrel and the handle. The connection type is different than used with the Xeno. I witnessed this in the late July to early August time frame so it may have been a bad early
batch or the problem could be fixed now.

Interested to hear more reviews. I would like to consider the OneX for my DD since it is a little more "balanced" than her Xeno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321