8U Bat under $150

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 5, 2023
Hey Everyone,

My daughter is going to be starting 8U this year, and is starting a rec league right now. I need to get her a new bat since she shot up like a weed from last year. I'm not going to spend $400 on a bat for 8U. She will either break it herself or outgrow it by the end of the year. I'm looking at two different bats right now:

Marucci 2023 Echo Diamond ALLOY Fastpitch Softball Bat -12
&
Louisville Slugger Proven 2022 Fastpitch Softball Bat (-13)

I know the Louisville is an ounce lighter. They're both one piece. Marucci is alloy and Louisville is composite. Does anyone have any experience with either bat? Not many reviews on the Marucci. The Louisville has mixed reviews, but a lot of them say it stings their kid really bad. Clearly, I don't want one that's going to sting her hands every time.

Any insight on these or another bat we should look at? Were in South Louisiana.

Thanks for the help!

May 28, 2019
Drop -13 Finch bat is what my dd used.

The marucci bat would probably be very similar. Find someone who has access to marucci locker store. That bat would be $103.80 shipped.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Did you have a length in mind? I agree with not spending a lot on a bat when she's still so young and has a lot of growing to do.

Marucci makes great bats, so I second the recommendation. Another alternative is the Anderson Rocketech Carbonlite or Flash. The former is a -11, but it swings very light. The latter is a -12.

Feel free to contact me with any questions at 631-942-3516

John
SPC Sports

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
Hey Everyone,

My daughter is going to be starting 8U this year, and is starting a rec league right now. I need to get her a new bat since she shot up like a weed from last year. I'm not going to spend $400 on a bat for 8U. She will either break it herself or outgrow it by the end of the year. I'm looking at two different bats right now:

&

I know the Louisville is an ounce lighter. They're both one piece. Marucci is alloy and Louisville is composite. Does anyone have any experience with either bat? Not many reviews on the Marucci. The Louisville has mixed reviews, but a lot of them say it stings their kid really bad. Clearly, I don't want one that's going to sting her hands every time.

Thanks for the help!
Find yourself a good used composite. For anything under about 29 inches, Demarini is the way to go, imo.

Mar 5, 2023
Thanks everyone. Sorry, forgot to put it's a 28" bat. Leaning towards the Marucci as they have it in stock locally. Nervous about all the reviews of the composite bat with stinging a lot.

I'm more than happy to invest in an composite bat (Ghost, LXT, etc.) once I know she's going to stick with it more than a year or two. I hope she does as this is my favorite to watch them play.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Hey Everyone,

&

Thanks for the help!

IF this is her first year ever playing and it is rec, don't spend $150 on a bat. It isn't going to do anything for her game.

Most of the girls in our rec league bought something like this $55 Easton Amethyst
https://www.softball.com/easton-amethyst-11-fastpitch-bat

Others are swinging some pink Sapphire bats which were like $30

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Find yourself a good used composite. For anything under about 29 inches, Demarini is the way to go, imo.
I 100% agree with this....used 28" / 29" fastpitch bats don't even get broken it, they might look rough and beat up, but they're not broken in. I'd Google this PIAS in Mooresville, NC. If they have it get them to put a new Lizard Skin grip on it and have them ship it!

These older one-piece Miken's are awesome! Absolutely no sense in buying a 7 or 8 year old a new composite, now if it's a $29.00 alloy POS, so be it, buy new, but they're nowhere close to the performance of this Miken!

Mar 5, 2023
This is her 3rd year of Rec Ball. 2 Previous years were T-ball. First year of Coaches Pitch and as of right now want's to play more after this season (Over in May). Looking at putting her in/starting a new 8U team locally.

She was using a Finch 26" last year that was $35. She grew a lot and needs a 28" now.

I like finding a good used composite. I'll look at that link and check 'em out.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The used composite is the best way to save money and still get a good bat. Girls can't swing hard enough, and pitchers don't throw hard enough at 8U to break those bats.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is her 3rd year of Rec Ball. 2 Previous years were T-ball. First year of Coaches Pitch and as of right now want's to play more after this season (Over in May). Looking at putting her in/starting a new 8U team locally.

She was using a Finch 26" last year that was $35. She grew a lot and needs a 28" now.

I like finding a good used composite. I'll look at that link and check 'em out.
Even on here in the bat section you can find a deal once in a while or def on Ebay. People try and sell 28s or 29s all the time because
kids just outgrow the bats so fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom