Louisville Slugger one X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
^^^^True, and unless the demo cut-aways I saw were bogus mock ups (and the rep was BSing me), the same upgrade from Al to composite was applied to the 2013 Xenos in an attempt to address 2012 durability issues.

Interesting, when I called LS warranty service last week and asked what they had that was more resilient than the '11 Xeno, they told me the only changes from '11-'13 on the Xeno were cosmetic, which I've heard from them before.

If a 2013 Xeno owner would just cut theirs open, we'd know for sure ;-)

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
I was told that the Xeno was more end loaded than balanced, and the one-x is balanced.

IIRC, when I checked her 2011 -9 Xeno, it balanced about an inch off center.
I don't really know how that relates to other end loaded bats, but it's easy to measure.

Tricky thing with Xeno's is that if the retainers break, the clapper can slide on the rod and alter the balance. DD demonstrated this for me by turning it on either end and shaking it to switch it from balanced to pronouncedly end-loaded, the world's first convertible bat. ;-)

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My observations:
1) Xeno(s) bats claim to be balanced, but feel a little more end loaded than truly balanced.
2) OneX(s) bats were failing quickly (breaking apart) at the connection between the barrel and the handle. The connection type is different than used with the Xeno. I witnessed this in the late July to early August time frame so it may have been a bad early
batch or the problem could be fixed now.

Interested to hear more reviews. I would like to consider the OneX for my DD since it is a little more "balanced" than her Xeno.

Talked to the rep at a tourney in November. They replaced the connections in the OneX to eliminate the issue. We ordered a 33/24 for my DD, but they're back ordered. She loved the demo bats. She's been using a Xeno for the last 2 years and is excited to try the new one.

Dec 3, 2008
Xeno is slightly end-loaded, the OneX is balanced. The 2013 Xeno is the exact same bat as the 2012 model except for the paint job. Know several people swinging each of these bats; almost all favor the OneX. In hitting fly balls to players at practice, I find a good deal more pop in the OneX. Our players with the fastest hands/most powerful swing uses the Xeno and likes the end-loaded feel better than the OneX. She could swing a pencil and send it over the fence, though, so if there is less pop in the Xeno than the OneX it doesn't really matter for her. The connection piece on the OneX has gotten loose on several of the bats, though that's not affecting performance.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
A post from another board:

Just a heads up, but we were at a Big 10 University's Hitting facility yesterday that is backed by Louisville, and I got to go through the Bat grave yard as they would call it too LOL! There were about 7 of the OneX bats that had snapped in half at the connector piece, and that was just one Industrial garbage can worth out of 3. The rest were the first year Xeno (Black), with only 1 or 2 of the new Xeno (Blue and White). From talking to the players and head coach, it looks like the durability was fixed with the new Xeno as has been said. Not so sure with the OneX

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Thanks for all the input... after reading all of the responses... I've decided to go back to old faithful and bought a another stealth.... but Im also actively searching for a 33" rocketech... amazing how many 32" & 34"'s are out there...but so few 33"?

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
FWIW... I will be picking up a '13 Xeno and a OneX in a couple of days. Taking a chance that the OneX will swing a little more balanced than the Xeno. If not we will have the newer Xeno to fall back on. Changes due to moving up in bat size.

Will be selling her '12 30 -10 Xeno.

Feb 11, 2013
Got oneX as team bat for High School. Loved the pop but cracked after 1 week used only soft toss and live pitching with real balls bat saw maybe100 hits. Will return and try again but seems to happen to a lot if them. Hope they figure out durability issues .

Jan 20, 2010
My DD has had the oneX since late December. Probablly hit over 1000 balls. Tee work, side toss, live pitching, pitching machine ect. The bat has had no issues what so ever. My DD is a strong hitter and it seems to me the bat is getting better and better. Now I will say this, the sound off the oneX and the Xeno are totally different. You get ahold of one with the oneX you can hear it, people turn their head and watch. Love this bat. Also by daughter had swung a CF4, loved that bat as well. She has hit a ton with that bat, no clue on how many swings she has with that bat, but has gotten two season out of it. It is still alive and kicking and has pop. Had to move up a size in bat and tried countless number of bats and she liked the oneX the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG