Liv's swing 11 yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
Thanks to all for the comments. This video was taken from back at an angle so it looks like the tee is further ahead than it is. It is close to even with placement of stride foot. Should it be closer than that. Any suggestions/ drills for bat drag problem? (5frame)?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You're confusing cause and effect.

She has to hit the ball out front because of the bat drag; it takes her swing that long to unfold, and that far out front, due to the bat drag.

Due to the bat drag, she probably can't hit a ball off a tee that's placed closer; her swing won't unfold in time.

This was the same problem as in the DD Bat Drag Thread.

See here is my problem. CO wrote:She has to hit the ball out front because of the bat drag FFS wrote:Her 'bat drag' is in part supplying her with the force to achieve the distance she is achieving. CO wrote:
Due to the bat drag, she probably can't hit a ball off a tee that's placed closer; her swing won't unfold in time. How possible could he know this? We are speaking of a 11yr old girl someones DD. FFS speaks in the positive as most posters have and do. Why not CO? Lets help the girl and dad. We are talking about hitting? I want every girl to be able to hit. Lets think of every girl posted as our DD's. Lets teach every girl/boy how to hit, please.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks to all for the comments. This video was taken from back at an angle so it looks like the tee is further ahead than it is. It is close to even with placement of stride foot. Should it be closer than that. Any suggestions/ drills for bat drag problem? (5frame)?

The fix is as simple as learning to turn the barrel.

Read the first six pages of the thread .... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/11783-dd-bat-drag.html

11w6f03.gif

May 16, 2010
My DD does the same thing. How do we fix it?

Drop the back elbow into the side and don't let it go past there, and focus on using the top hand to throw the barrel around the bottom hand when the elbow drops. Make the barrel go around the hands early.

She takes the hands out in front (to the ball) and THEN throws the barrel. That is a long swing which won't get you to an inside fastball, and you have to stand away from the plate too much because the hands go out instead of staying inside the ball.

The back elbow should feel like it sticks to your back hip and then your hands should feel like they go left.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
See here is my problem. CO wrote:She has to hit the ball out front because of the bat drag FFS wrote:Her 'bat drag' is in part supplying her with the force to achieve the distance she is achieving. CO wrote:
Due to the bat drag, she probably can't hit a ball off a tee that's placed closer; her swing won't unfold in time. How possible could he know this? We are speaking of a 11yr old girl someones DD. FFS speaks in the positive as most posters have and do. Why not CO? Lets help the girl and dad. We are talking about hitting? I want every girl to be able to hit. Lets think of every girl posted as our DD's. Lets teach every girl/boy how to hit, please.

Actually, CO began his post with "You're confusing cause and effect." Basically attempting to start an argument ... yet he argued something other than what he was replying to.

It's a "staw-man" type game. Assume someone said something they didn't and then argue that.

Just silly IMO. Simply a silly game that folks should stop falling for.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Oct 12, 2009
I'm not confused in the least.

Perhaps you lack reading comprehension ... either that or perhaps you are once again trying to take things off topic.

Re-read what I wrote ... "The 'bat drag' helps with the distance she is realizing ... giving her positive feedback on a negative swing attribute."

I stated that she has 'bat drag'. I didn't say anything about the placement of the tee.

Her 'bat drag' is in part supplying her with the force to achieve the distance she is achieving.

Not sure what you are attempting to argue. Please be more specific in what you believe the confusion is.

Bat drag doesn't help with anything.

It forces her to make contact out front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA