Liv's swing 11 yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
DD's swing 11 yo. Looking for any feedback, suggestions, tips, etc. She is one the better hitters on LL and travel team right now but has been struggling lately with timing and shuffling feet against faster live pitching. (I know this is off and tee and she is wearing jeans but I don't have a lot of videos. Hopefully this one works, it is my first try posting video! If not I'll try again.

swing 11 yo - YouTube

Feb 8, 2009
DD's swing 11 yo. Looking for any feedback, suggestions, tips, etc. She is one the better hitters on LL and travel team right now but has been struggling lately with timing and shuffling feet against faster live pitching. (I know this is off and tee and she is wearing jeans but I don't have a lot of videos. Hopefully this one works, it is my first try posting video! If not I'll try again.

swing 11 yo - YouTube

Theres a lot to like in her swing. She swings with the intent to harm the ball. It appears she is standing too far from the tee and there may be some bat drag, but she is so aggressive through the ball. I d say she is off to a great start for a girl her age. JMHO

Jan 25, 2011
she needs some work on the lower half, she spins (bug squisher) the lower half needs to start the swing, (hips lead the hands) I do like her head and shoulders, they look to stay in thru the swing. I agree that the tee is way to far out in front. Looks to hit thru the ball well, nice extension.

Oct 14, 2008
Move the tee back a bit so she is deeper n the zone and you might notice a bit of difference in the hips and hands issue (short to ball long thru zone ) Make sure back elbow clears the slot when coming thru and dosent pinch the ribs causing the back shoulder to dip and allowing the plane of the bat head to be below hands at lag.Work on keeping the head and chest more towards contact point of contact at contact. Dont just rotate the hips to the ball drive the back hip thru. A nice swing to start from from a young one. Tell her to keep it up.

Tim

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Theres a lot to like in her swing. She swings with the intent to harm the ball. It appears she is standing too far from the tee and there may be some bat drag, but she is so aggressive through the ball. I d say she is off to a great start for a girl her age. JMHO

The 'bat drag' helps with the distance she is realizing ... giving her positive feedback on a negative swing attribute.

1pe442.gif

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
You have a great start with her... maybe pull the tee in a bit (try to place it even with her stride toe at contact, if shes hitting up the middle) add a touch more linear movement. but for 11yr old... very good

Oct 12, 2009
The 'bat drag' helps with the distance she is realizing ... giving her positive feedback on a negative swing attribute.

1pe442.gif

You're confusing cause and effect.

She has to hit the ball out front because of the bat drag; it takes her swing that long to unfold, and that far out front, due to the bat drag.

Due to the bat drag, she probably can't hit a ball off a tee that's placed closer; her swing won't unfold in time.

This was the same problem as in the DD Bat Drag Thread.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
There is alot to like with your DD's swing. but has been struggling lately with timing and shuffling feet against faster live pitching You can see she has "happy feet". I like the "hand pumpimg" action that she has. Lets work on the bottom half first,which isn't that far off. Lets move the tee back. Lets have a set position for set up based off of tee/plate plaecement. Lets coil(winding) and stride. Have the stride be the result of the rearside(leg). The other thing that stands out in your DD swing is I hope she is not thinkinging hands/knob to the ball? Hands above the ball. Barrel to the ball. Throw the barrel to the ball.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You're confusing cause and effect.

She has to hit the ball out front because of the bat drag; it takes her swing that long to unfold, and that far out front, due to the bat drag.

Due to the bat drag, she probably can't hit a ball off a tee that's placed closer; her swing won't unfold in time.

This was the same problem as in the DD Bat Drag Thread.

I'm not confused in the least.

Perhaps you lack reading comprehension ... either that or perhaps you are once again trying to take things off topic.

Re-read what I wrote ... "The 'bat drag' helps with the distance she is realizing ... giving her positive feedback on a negative swing attribute."

I stated that she has 'bat drag'. I didn't say anything about the placement of the tee.

Her 'bat drag' is in part supplying her with the force to achieve the distance she is achieving.

Not sure what you are attempting to argue. Please be more specific in what you believe the confusion is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee