Is there a "Bat Bros" for fastpitch bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2020
NY
I have a son who plays travel baseball and a daughter who plays softball.
For those who dont know who the bat bros are to sum up quickly he's a guy that has made name for himself by posting 12 minute weeklyish clips comparing the various bats that come out. He has a rapsodo that records exit velo, distance, etc.
If I am being honest my son isn't even in the market for a bat anymore, because he has this seasons bat, but I still watch his videos because I think they are really well done and entertaining lol. People have requested that he makes the same videos for fastpitch bats on multiple occasions, but he tried once or twice and he was breaking the bats within a few swings unfortunately.
I have searched but haven't found someone that makes these videos consistently for fastpitch bats and was wondering if there was one.

Nov 19, 2022
Bat Digest had a softball bat comparison from a few months ago and I thought it was excellent. Fab Junkie used to do softball bat comparisons but I think his daughter is getting older so there's not as many videos
But his comparisons were really informative.

That being said, I haven't found a Bat Bros-equivalent fastpitch channel yet, unfortunately. Which is sad because I think it might do well with us softball dads who are driving the gear industry lol.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
About 5-10 years ago there was the Fastpitch Softball TV show that had product reviews, sponsored by softballjunk.com. I don't think either one are still in existence.

Sep 21, 2022
It would be a great idea. The problem is we sell 10 baseball bats for every fastpitch bat we sell, so the video market might be smaller than we like to think.
That is surprising to me. I thought it would be at least even. Where I live in MD, there are many, many more girls playing fastpitch softball in rec and travel teams than boys playing baseball. I never hear of any guys playing in local travel teams. Plus with fastpitch bats breaking much more frequently than baseball bats resulting in girls needing bats more frequently. Learn something new every day. =)

Nov 19, 2022
That is surprising to me. I thought it would be at least even. Where I live in MD, there are many, many more girls playing fastpitch softball in rec and travel teams than boys playing baseball. I never hear of any guys playing in local travel teams. Plus with fastpitch bats breaking much more frequently than baseball bats resulting in girls needing bats more frequently. Learn something new every day. =)
I thought so, too, until College World Series, where I saw soooooooooo many baseball boys and teams that I'd never heard of. One of the bigger local organizations does rec softball and travel and have pretty big facilities. But it's like an act of congress getting time at the facility because it's always full of baseball teams.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You'd be surprised at how frequently the boys' bats break.

For comparison's sake, we sell 62 fastpitch bat models with various drop sizes, yet we sell 146 baseball bat models. I suspect MD is similar to where I am in NY and might have a lot of boys playing LaCrosse. But even where I am, baseball dominates in sheer numbers. Our HS had 15 girls play softball, but the baseball team had 41 players between JV and Varsity.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
It would be a great idea. The problem is we sell 10 baseball bats for every fastpitch bat we sell, so the video market might be smaller than we like to think.

You beat me to it. The amount of spectators for these types of videos would be much less for fastpitch softball than baseball.

Our local rec league for baseball has 12 diamonds for various ages of baseball to be played on. There are also part time and full time travel teams that use the same name as the rec league that have access to those fields. The baseball fields are packed from April - October almost every night of the week.

The local rec league for girls softball has 3 diamonds. I would say almost 50% of the time I could just walk up and start using the softball fields if i wanted to.

If I were to make a guess I would say for every 1 girls playing softball there are 4 boys playing baseball up until high school age.

Apr 26, 2019
Bat Digest had a softball bat comparison from a few months ago and I thought it was excellent. Fab Junkie used to do softball bat comparisons but I think his daughter is getting older so there's not as many videos
But his comparisons were really informative.

That being said, I haven't found a Bat Bros-equivalent fastpitch channel yet, unfortunately. Which is sad because I think it might do well with us softball dads who are driving the gear industry lol.
No moms? Do I have to trot out the "moms are too busy doing the cooking and cleaning, etc to be involved and know anything about softball," again?

You realize some of these moms have actually played the game at a high level and are still involved in the game with their daughters, yeah?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No moms? Do I have to trot out the "moms are too busy doing the cooking and cleaning, etc to be involved and know anything about softball," again?

You realize some of these moms have actually played the game at a high level and are still involved in the game with their daughters, yeah?
I can attest to this statement. Softball dads are nuts, but the moms who are nuts are much worse. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym