Introducing the BAT TRAC Muscle Memory Trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
What a thoughtful, informative post. You bring a lot of value to the boards, huh?
Yes I do. Including light hearted humor.
If you have been lurking as long as you say and done your due diligence, you would have seen plenty of examples of this, and not just from me.
I made no comment on the effectiveness of the product. When I saw the rod attached to the helmet, it reminded me of Teletubbies, and made me chuckle, so I shared.
Free advice: I've done sales, and I didn't get sarcastic with people even when I didn't think they would buy from me.

Feb 24, 2024
I saw Northball asking you a question about your inspiration for what you created. Just because they gave a colorful picture along with it.
( which seems to have provoked 😕 response)
They added entertainment to an otherwise great question!!!

As with any training tool there is the possibility it could help some.
And not be for everybody.
Good luck on your venture!
What does muscle memory mean?

Feb 24, 2024
I believe this is the major problem with hitting and pitching instructors teaching their students that muscle memory exist. Muscles don’t have memory and until we realize that, we are doing our students a disservice. The reason it’s a disservice is that when we try to change a motor skill, it’s not possible. So all the drills we do to improve their hitting or pitching is a waste of time, unless we learn the proper way to change a motor skill.

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
I believe this is the major problem with hitting and pitching instructors teaching their students that muscle memory exist. Muscles don’t have memory and until we realize that, we are doing our students a disservice. The reason it’s a disservice is that when we try to change a motor skill, it’s not possible. So all the drills we do to improve their hitting or pitching is a waste of time, unless we learn the proper way to change a motor skill.
Yes, this is a topic thats been around a while... Like I said in my earlier post, muscle memory in a general term used for the masses and is now more commonly used side by side with the understanding of the myelination process of our circuitry and pathways towards motor skill development.

What is, in your opinion, the proper way to "change" (your words in your post), a motor skill? This is, indeed, an interesting topic.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024
There’s only one way to change a motor skill and before you change you’ll need to screen all the mobile joints in the body.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I said before, I thought this might help newer, younger, weaker players from dumping the barrel and learn a better bat path. And since most younger players do dump the barrel and drag the bat, this would be a great tool to start them off right.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles