Is there a "Bat Bros" for fastpitch bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
No moms? Do I have to trot out the "moms are too busy doing the cooking and cleaning, etc to be involved and know anything about softball," again?

You realize some of these moms have actually played the game at a high level and are still involved in the game with their daughters, yeah?
Did not realize that the members have to use inclusive language on this forum.

Apr 26, 2019
I can attest to this statement. Softball dads are nuts, but the moms who are nuts are much worse. ;-)
100 percent. A girl on my daughter's team's older sister just started college. She is playing ball there. Before she left she told her sister, "You're the one who's going to have to deal with crazy, Libby now" (their mom) and laughed.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Bless your heart. You know there is a difference between dads and moms. This isn't a "Hey guys, what's going'on statement. If you want to justify misogyny you do you.

We are on a message board that is about female softball. I am pretty sure that every member realizes that there are moms that put forth a ton of effort in their daughter's softball journey. My daughter certainly could not do everything she has done in her softball career without my wife helping out.

I am also sure that the person who mentioned dads driving the softball gear spending machine meant no harm in their words but you somehow found a way to get offended.

Apr 26, 2019
We are on a message board that is about female softball. I am pretty sure that every member realizes that there are moms that put forth a ton of effort in their daughter's softball journey. My daughter certainly could not do everything she has done in her softball career without my wife helping out.

I am also sure that the person who mentioned dads driving the softball gear spending machine meant no harm in their words but you somehow found a way to get offended.
I'm really not as offended as you may think. However, I do try and remind some members who only think about "softball dads" and rarely about the women who put in their time and effort too.

To he honest, you seem more than a bit offended with your "inclusive language comment." As you say you are married and have a daughter, I'd think you would not be so quick to jump onto something that really didn't involve you from the beginning if someone was using levity to give a gentle reminder.

As a supporter of my wife and daughter, I'd be happy to see someone remind people that women are involved also. But like I said, you do you Gambler Bob.

Have a good night.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I'm really not as offended as you may think. However, I do try and remind some members who only think about "softball dads" and rarely about the women who put in their time and effort too.

To he honest, you seem more than a bit offended with your "inclusive language comment." As you say you are married and have a daughter, I'd think you would not be so quick to jump onto something that really didn't involve you from the beginning if someone was using levity to give a gentle reminder.

As a supporter of my wife and daughter, I'd be happy to see someone remind people that women are involved also. But like I said, you do you Gambler Bob.

Have a good night.
Not offended at all. I have been laughing at you the entire time.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Not that I'm trying to stir up the debate, but as a vendor on here, I will say 90% of my sales go to Dads.

Getting back to the original question posted, I would love to do some reviews. My girls are now both in college, so I have free time to play golf or something else. Considering how bad I was at golf before I stopped playing for softball, I can't imagine how bad I'd be now. Maybe the reviews are a good idea.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Of course moms are key figures in the softball world. But when it comes to who drives the equipment industry, it's more likely the dads who obsess over specs, materials, test results, product comparisons, etc. Look at glove and bat threads on this site and who the major posters are on those. Ultimately it's the dads who will over-purchase equipment in any sport because getting new gear and talking about it is frickin' cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805