Introducing the BAT TRAC Muscle Memory Trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
More testimonials coming in.
ALAN JONES - Extra Inning Softball 2022 National Coach of the Year & The Winningest High School Softball Coach in Kentucky History.
"The BAT TRAC is the best hitting training aid out there." "Our girls are hitting great. They go right to the ball."

EIS.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024
Yes, this is a topic thats been around a while... Like I said in my earlier post, muscle memory in a general term used for the masses and is now more commonly used side by side with the understanding of the myelination process of our circuitry and pathways towards motor skill development.

What is, in your opinion, the proper way to "change" (your words in your post), a motor skill? This is, indeed, an interesting topic.

Feb 24, 2024
First thing we do is a screening on most of the joints in the body. Then we design a program around what they can and can’t do physically. We will do stretching and weight training to help their mobility and stability in the areas that they fail in the screening. The other information is difficult to teach, because it’s so different than anything ever taught in motor learning. Working with high school and college hitters, we find they believe in their hitting coaches performance teaching, not their learning. Example: most if not all hitting coaches complement the hitters on every swing, which is totally wrong and the way they teach is performance based. Soft toss and tee work are only for instructing the student on the correct way for them to reach an efficient swing for them. Once they get the feel then we only LEARN from either live pitching or the computerized hack attack machine. In both instances they don’t know what pitch is coming.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I believe this is the major problem with hitting and pitching instructors teaching their students that muscle memory exist. Muscles don’t have memory and until we realize that, we are doing our students a disservice.
You're completely, totally wrong.

There are literally hundreds of articles validating muscle memory.

Maybe you want people to use"motor learning" instead of "muscle memory"? Practically, I fail to see a difference in terminology as long as we recognize how to teach the correct movement.

Last edited:

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
AFTER 6 WEEKS WORKING WITH THE BAT TRAC:

Coach Eddy Ketelhut shared some great results with us for a 14-year-old softball player who trained with the BAT TRAC for six weeks.

Before the BAT TRAC, her bat speed was in the mid-50s, and she was reaching 60 mph with the BAT TRAC. After six weeks of training with the BAT TRAC, he reported a low end of 65mph and a high end of 70mph. An average of 10mph gained using the BAT TRAC.

Some of Coach Eddy's comments:
"She is started to swing with controlled aggression now. The barrel is staying in the correct position.
It's crazy the impact it has not only on the bat speed, but the direction of the barrel head when the barrel stays in the right position."

Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing, Coach Eddy.

April 2nd 2024.jpg

End of Feb.jpg

GET 10% OFF YOUR BAT TRAC WITH THE PROMO CODE "DFP"
www.battrac.com

Last edited:

Bat Trac

DFP Vendor
Jun 21, 2023
Here's a video testimonial from a Varsity Head Coach at Ballard High School. The winningest coach in KY history.

Mar 7, 2024
My DD's hitting coach had her use this during a few sessions during the fall... I will say there was a noticeable difference afterwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles