Interesting Observation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
It seems to me that a lot of people misunderstood my OP or they just didn't read it. I'm not talking about index finger out of the glove like Baylee Klingler in this photo.

I'm talking about having the pinky and ring finger together in the pinky slot, this is certainly not common in MLB, at least not for infielders, I have seen it used by pitchers but that's about it.

I have recommended this finger alignment to players with new gloves for the extra leverage in gives when you close it, or to 1st basemen or catchers to help prevent palm bruising.

Jun 8, 2016
It seems to me that a lot of people misunderstood my OP or they just didn't read it. I'm not talking about index finger out of the glove like Baylee Klingler in this photo.

I'm talking about having the pinky and ring finger together in the pinky slot, this is certainly not common in MLB, at least not for infielders, I have seen it used by pitchers but that's about it.

I have recommended this finger alignment to players with new gloves for the extra leverage in gives when you close it, or to 1st basemen or catchers to help prevent palm bruising.
Who misunderstood? What you are describing is wearing it TIP..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

I have recommended this finger alignment to players with new gloves for the extra leverage in gives when you close it, or 1st basemen or catchers.
Pretty sure most here got your point, and TIP is extremely common in the MLB! I don’t have any numbers or facts to back this up…..but I’d say there’s more using the TIP grip than traditional these days!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86