Interesting Observation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
Many thanks. I like to learn.

Good thing I'm bored today. Nice discussion. The stars are aligning, so here's a great shot of Pedroia one of my favorites. Glove wide, ball on the heel, and most importantly his eyes have already calculated the balls position and told his hands what to do. The thumb and pinky stall are perfectly squared up and the glove is in a perfect U shape conforming to the palm of his hand
20210526_100133.jpg

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
Fair enough..I agree with everything you say regarding what your glove should be doing so I guess it really is just a matter of me believing that wearing it palm out/TIP will help with that :)

I honestly believe there is a "feel" component to an infielder wearing their glove TIP w/palm out.

Think about it, if the goal is to field the ball in the pad/palm and not the pocket for a quicker transfer, why would I want my whole hand in the glove where my palm/fingers are up towards the pocket? I want my palm/fingers to be towards the pad where I can "feel" like I am fielding the ball with the palm of my hand. Fundamentally if I am closing my non glove hand down and trapping the ball between fingers/palm of each hand, then TIP allows me to do that in the pad of the glove with feel.

Not sure if that made sense.

Jun 8, 2016
Not sure if that made sense.
Not sure..Is the palm really at the pocket when wearing it "palm out" or is more fingers? TBH I haven't worn a real glove in so long that what you are describing as palm out may have been more or less how I wore because I do agree for deflection purposes I would want it to feel like I was deflecting with the palm (towards the index finger..).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86