How to handle almost entire team showing up late for game?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
This story is a waste of money time and lack of regard for people own kids. These peolple are the reason other people get stressed about cutting their kid when its not the kids fault. This is b.s. entitlement sh#t.
Put themselves above their kids worst part.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Do not waste DD's time. Lobby meeting Lol.

She is there an hour and a half before the game at required time and she is bored sitting a round most the time.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Some 18U team have coaches and 1 or two select parents drive them to games when playing away from home.
I told my 14U team in front of all their parents, and we play local only, next time you are late there will be consequences. Next day everyone was there 10 minutes early

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Whereas we never missed a 7am field time, I'm not a fan of the hour before game workout (regardless of what time the game is). Half an hour should be fine to stretch, jog a bit, throw the ball back and forth, take a couple swings. It's a warmup, not an hour practice before three games.

Except it is an hour of practice before the games. At least that's how I have to think about it. Otherwise, hour long, or longer, warmups don't make any sense. If I ever coach again there will never be a 07:00 AM field time; I'd rather have the players sleep an extra half hour than hit wiffle balls or go through the bunt station.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
So the goal is instilling discipline in the parents? I think that's something a team ought to disclose before anyone signs up.

If everyone is at the same hotel, then the team should congregate in the lobby at an appointed time, and no one leaves until everyone shows up. That way you can coordinate carpools, make sure no one overslept and the team arrives as a unit as opposed to scattershot. And avoids the parental competition of who showed up first and therefore is the most dedicated.

But not everyone eats at the same place for breakfast. My DD wouldn’t touch the hotel breakfast. Why should we have to go back to the hotel because some people (adults) can’t make it to the field on time. These are the same adults who can’t make it to work on time in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Except it is an hour of practice before the games. At least that's how I have to think about it. Otherwise, hour long, or longer, warmups don't make any sense. If I ever coach again there will never be a 07:00 AM field time; I'd rather have the players sleep an extra half hour than hit wiffle balls or go through the bunt station.
Our pre-game routine took an hour, and we always seemed to need just 5 more minutes to finish reps for everyone.
Anecdotal, but anytime we cut the girls some slack and told them a warm-up time that amounted to 30 to 45 minutes, we didn't play worth a darn. Must be something to maintaining a routine.

May 6, 2015
Whereas we never missed a 7am field time, I'm not a fan of the hour before game workout (regardless of what time the game is). Half an hour should be fine to stretch, jog a bit, throw the ball back and forth, take a couple swings. It's a warmup, not an hour practice before three games.

yeah, but then also your Ps and Cs need to do their additional warmups, on top of all that. DDs team with an hour can barely seem to get all the warmup in needed (bunts, soft toss, heavy balls, warm up throws/catches, grounders, pop flies,

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
yeah, but then also your Ps and Cs need to do their additional warmups, on top of all that. DDs team with an hour can barely seem to get all the warmup in needed (bunts, soft toss, heavy balls, warm up throws/catches, grounders, pop flies,
That is why DD team would be ready to walk in the facility 1 hour 15min before start time. You know it takes 10 minutes to walk to the warm up spot, situate gear, get the little speaker synced up, and captains to wrangle everyone in line for a quick foul pole to foul pole jog dynamic. And you know they have social jibber jabber to catch up on.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Initial Pre-game 1:15 befor game time.

*Anyone who has video of showing up 30 minutes at initial pre-game
(first game of the day)
to warm up an entire team including pithers/catchers and everyone getting hitting and some defense...please post.

*To Everyone who has ran a practice, or been to a practice please offer feedback how long does it take just to warm up enough to get ready FOR practice.

That said,
Everyone has different goals.
Plan accordingly, that includes when selecting a team! 👍

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32