How Far Should Balls Hit Off of a Tee Go?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
back to original Q, my dd's 14u team has 6 girls (2 99's 8th graders, 4 98's - 1 8th grader & 3 freshman) that can hit the fence or clear the fence hitting off a T at home plate...the girls range in size from 5'5 120 lbs to 5'9 170 lbs. I'm not saying they do this 100% of the time, but probably 35% collectively.

Sorry for getting the thread off the subject....I seem to do that alot.
Here back to the question:http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/4909-hitting-distance-off-tee.html

R

RayR

and then last time around I would have her bunt for a basehit up the 1B line, steal 2B and advance to 3B on groundout and suicide her home for the 1-0 win!!!

And my pitcher would be throwing 1. fast (foul or look) 2. fast (foul) 3. change up (strike) 1-2-3.

Oct 25, 2009
Sorry for getting the thread off the subject....I seem to do that alot.
Here back to the question:http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/4909-hitting-distance-off-tee.html

Thanks for the link. The difference with this thread is the placement of the tee. It would be great to see video of players hitting off of a tee deep in the zone. I don't believe there would be many over the fence deep in the zone. Come to think of it, I wonder how many D1s would put it over.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thanks for the link. The difference with this thread is the placement of the tee. It would be great to see video of players hitting off of a tee deep in the zone. I don't believe there would be many over the fence deep in the zone. Come to think of it, I wonder how many D1s would put it over.

This is what I am now focusing on. DD hitting balls out from of her now. Need to practice hitting balls closer to her bellybutton off a tee. Needs to wait for ball to get deeper. I set the ball at or near belly button. I also have seams like this> )(. I tell her to hit the inside seam.

Oct 25, 2009
This is what I am now focusing on. DD hitting balls out from of her now. Need to practice hitting balls closer to her bellybutton off a tee. Needs to wait for ball to get deeper. I set the ball at or near belly button. I also have seams like this> )(. I tell her to hit the inside seam.

Yes, and hit it closer to up the middle instead of so much to right field. Other drills are for the right field hits.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Wow... thats a good looking swing.
That's got D1 written all over it!!!

Would like to know where that hitters is now. I will keep trying to find the post of this hitter. I believe FFS had a conversation with her coach or the person who videoed her on this site. Maybe when he is done drinking his free coffee he will respond.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
yep, i would take that swing all day long. Whomever taught her this swing i hope that they post stuff somewhere, so i can save some time, and learn from his mistakes, not mine.i do several tee drills at the plate, taken from Sparkey Parker, at the method.com.

i really like sinking in the hitters box, opptimum(sic) contact point, and wrist hinge point, and good extension, from the plate with a tee.
They can see the distance increase, as time goes by.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
yep, i would take that swing all day long. Whomever taught her this swing i hope that they post stuff somewhere, so i can save some time, and learn from his mistakes, not mine.i do several tee drills at the plate, taken from Sparkey Parker, at the method.com.

i really like sinking in the hitters box, opptimum(sic) contact point, and wrist hinge point, and good extension, from the plate with a tee.
They can see the distance increase, as time goes by.

He does post on this site and his name is...Honey don't shut off the computer nooooooooooooo........................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207