HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Bonds, shifts and lowers his COM to swing against his hips on the fb as well..

9IkAQAy.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Oh, Donā€™t weight the front foot, stepping on eggs shells. Stay back while moving forward.
So when you get too much pressure on the front foot what happens that negatively effects the swing? Lose your coil? Why?

You can create stretch if you are FYB with your foot down but it is going to be ā€œlinearā€ across the body vs ā€œtorsionalā€ via coil.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020
Bonds, shifts and lowers his COM to swing against his hips on the fb as well..

9IkAQAy.gif
Does Bonds just know how to keep his coil in his back hip/leg better than the other guy? He's certainly not just trying to grab the ground with two legs, that's too easy. Plus, Schenk's pitch is above the belt, Bonds below even after his COM lowers. Does that have anything to do with Bonds' lower COM?

They both get the foot down, but they both explode, stacked over that rear hip.

I believe in the rear leg, I just really need to understand that front foot because I do notice a difference when my dd can get it down, while staying stacked back...which is almost never lol.

Jun 8, 2016
IMO that Miggy gif shows that linear stretch creating a pull of the handle nicely (with maybe some TTB..maybe šŸ˜‚) You can really see the body ā€œpullā€. Coil can add to that as well but I think a lot of the coil you see is to assist (some) players with getting off their backsides and keeping their hands/upper ā€œup and backā€.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA