Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
Didn’t mean for it to come off harsh. More playful, ‘30 lashes w a wet noodle’ type of discipline. not what I meant. Post your progress w set up and posture so others can learn in the future. 🙂
Not at all - appreciate your time.
Any better on the inside pitch? Still pulling across?

Dec 12, 2020
I like how Rolling Hard said to attack it.

I'm just a dad trying to figure this out also, so take this with a grain of salt..

I see a hard shift and swing, really attempting to go out and pound into the ball. I can't see, but almost looks like she pushes up from her back leg, instead of keeping it rooted and gets out front and very rotational too soon. Not sure posture can solve that. I'm starting to see ABAF if alot of different ways, and I'm beginning to think it is tough for young bodies to make right as they learn some muscle awareness. I though my dd was doing good with stretching back as she moves forward, but it is really useless as it is not against the middle moving out, always still pushing ahead of her rear leg/hips, and even though she maintains an OK bat path with no rollover (she torques the handle), there's no meat behind it.

In short the move out from the middle(I know I've heard this a million times here) needs to happen with a rooted rear foot, against the pull back/hold above (while fused if you will) and I think that is just a difficult feel for 10 year olds.

I'm a dad, let others confirm or punch holes in my words 1st...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not at all - appreciate your time.
Any better on the inside pitch? Still pulling across?

she will be able to hit inside pitches all day from her current posture. But outside pitches will be much harder to hit. I guarantee she will see 75% outside pitches the rest of her career. With the exceptional pitcher challenging her on the inside corner from time to time.

I wouldnt touch her hands, until you see how better posture affects her hands or doesn’t affect her hands. Many great pros finish low or at the front shoulder.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like how Rolling Hard said to attack it.

I'm just a dad trying to figure this out also, so take this with a grain of salt..

I see a hard shift and swing, really attempting to go out and pound into the ball. I can't see, but almost looks like she pushes up from her back leg, instead of keeping it rooted and gets out front and very rotational too soon. Not sure posture can solve that. I'm starting to see ABAF if alot of different ways, and I'm beginning to think it is tough for young bodies to make right as they learn some muscle awareness. I though my dd was doing good with stretching back as she moves forward, but it is really useless as it is not against the middle moving out, always still pushing ahead of her rear leg/hips, and even though she maintains an OK bat path with no rollover (she torques the handle), there's no meat behind it.

In short the move out from the middle(I know I've heard this a million times here) needs to happen with a rooted rear foot, against the pull back/hold above (while fused if you will) and I think that is just a difficult feel for 10 year olds.

I'm a dad, let others confirm or punch holes in my words 1st...

Keep working. You’ll get there. There’s a lot of good info out there. Use the Hanson principle

edit: there’s a lot of bad info out there as well. Don’t believe in ‘magic beans’. It’s a dead end. Good luck.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
While I like everything said, especially posture. I can see in her live swing she is trying to apply force at contact. It’s clear, use the hands late and rolling over is the result.

Here are two pitch locations. They are letting the barrel go into contact AFTER they apply the force into the handle at initiation. One hit to right about 430ft and the other banged off the Green monster.

DD28BC59-A3E1-4EBE-AF47-BDFCE4190A05.gif136ED22C-C1B2-48F7-AFB4-47E9EC533122.gif

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020
While I like everything said, especially posture. I can see in her live swing she is trying to apply force at contact. It’s clear, use the hands late and rolling over is the result.

Here are two pitch locations. They are letting the barrel go into contact AFTER they apply the force into the handle at initiation. One hit to right about 430ft and they other banged off the Green monster.

View attachment 24112View attachment 24113
Thank you!

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I decided to start a new thread for Cameron because we are really trying to attack a single issue. She comes to contact nicely and immediately after contact everything goes down. She does not start swinging down it basically happens immediately after contact. I think we may have to work the bottom arm elbow up or somehow keep the hands going up without hitting the top of the ball. She does straighten both arms very quickly right after contact which could be the problem. I am trying to problem solve.

It may be just me, but I don't agree with the Blast data as it is shown. Perhaps it has a different vertical center, but i see her swinging down and not up. If not down, then no more than flat. Where the barrel continues to go down from an already leveled position. That combined with the other contributors comments makes sense. Too much arms. But if your intent was to compare to the Blast Data, not sure the video matches the blast. Just my opinion.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.42.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.42.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.42.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.43.02 PM.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez