Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
I decided to start a new thread for Cameron because we are really trying to attack a single issue. She comes to contact nicely and immediately after contact everything goes down. She does not start swinging down it basically happens immediately after contact. I think we may have to work the bottom arm elbow up or somehow keep the hands going up without hitting the top of the ball. She does straighten both arms very quickly right after contact which could be the problem. I am trying to problem solve.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
I'm no expert but based on the bat bath above and your description I'd say her hands are rotating over on contact. Her finish appears to be below shoulder level which also tells me she is twisting her top hand over quickly. This would result in ground balls.

Oct 2, 2017
Just a reference for you that her front elbow always stays down. Which in my mind, she has no choice but to roll over.

Also does she hit mostly oppo?
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020
I'm no expert but based on the bat bath above and your description I'd say her hands are rotating over on contact. Her finish appears to be below shoulder level which also tells me she is twisting her top hand over quickly. This would result in ground balls.
She rarely barrels it up and hits ground balls. She hits it in the air a ton and still has this issue.

Oct 2, 2017
I was thinking about front elbow working up. That may help. How does she have an attack angle of 10 degrees with the front elbow down seems difficult.
I wasn't exactly suggesting working the front elbow up. Part of the can be due to posture, which she stays really tall.

How can she have that angle? 1 is that off the tee or live batting? Also its really not that difficult, you can position the posture of the body to have that attack angle.

Nov 26, 2020
I wasn't exactly suggesting working the front elbow up.

How can she have that angle? 1 is that off the tee or live batting? Also its really not that difficult, you can position the posture of the body to have that attack angle.
That was live but good point. Body tilt.

Nov 26, 2020
I should have also stated, other than body tilt, a ball higher in the zone can naturally have that angle, if a player is working the bat up to the ball.
Her attack angle is always well positive and hits up the middle a lot and on the pull side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802