Gotta love it!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
So my 14u DD went to our organization practice last night for speed and agility/core workout. After it was over the 12u A team had regular practice and its open to all age groups in our Org.The coach asked my DD since her catcher was also there if she would mind throwing some live BP to the girls.My DD throws her BP at about 62 mph. also we had another 04 girl barely 4 feet tall practicing with the Team. after most of the roster has had an at bat it was the 04s turn to step in the cage.The 01s were having a hard time even putting a bat on the ball and were intimidated in the box to say the least so when the 04 stepped in my DD walked up to the plate and told her that the pitches wont look as fast from the box.(her plan was change ups only but did not want to seem patronizing to the 04) so my DD went back to the rubber getting ready to throw.The 04 stepped into the box, looked at my DD and proclaimed I AINT AFRAID OF YOU! and then proceeded to crowd the plate. How awesome is that! I seriously want to adopt this kid.

Mar 28, 2013
Naw,After my DD was done laughing the respect she had for that little girl outweighed the smack and she threw her changeups and the 04 got to but her bat on a few. Im sure if that was another 14u at the plate she would have broken out the violin and started playing some chin music. but the thought of lighting up such a young girl would not have crossed her mind.funny stuff though

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I LOVE the SWAG of the '04 when facing your DD, am I the only person who read "DD is 14 and throws 62MPH batting practice"......and thought "is your last name Ricketts?"

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
While I LOVE the SWAG of the '04 when facing your DD, am I the only person who read "DD is 14 and throws 62MPH batting practice"......and thought "is your last name Ricketts?"

You have to use your crazy daddy to MPH conversion calculator to see the 55 MPH reading.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw

I will vouch for bp. His youngest is throwing 55+ at 12U, too. His girls are freaks of nature. I'm sure boys are thankful they don't play football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle