Going Rates for Hitting Lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like prices vary some, but we are right in the same ballpark. We are paying 30 for a half hour. Only been two weeks, but I like her so far.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
We pay $34 for 30 min or $68 for 1 hr private 1:1. We usually do 30 minutes one week for just pitching and then the next week, we do 30 min pitching and 30 min batting. We alternate every other week. We have been doing this for almost 3yrs and yes, this is where all my money goes.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I think it is $30 per half hour in my area. My dd wanted to charge $25/half hour but rarely collected it.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
It amazes me the money people make on this stuff.

I used to do it just because I enjoyed teaching hitting...never charged a dime.

If you were closer to my area, I might just take you up on that lol...

Bryce and Cannonball are in my area, and looks like I am paying the going rate for our area. My daughters travel team has girls from all over our little metro east area, and we are now up to 8 of them that have started with this instructor. Hopefully by the time our summer schedule starts it will be paying off.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Too much. I think I paid $35 for each half hour last time I paid for hitting lessons. This was on a 6 or 8 lesson package, I can't remember. Honestly though, I learned a little more on DFP about hitting mechanics and worked with her myself and seen more improvement than when she was seeing a local hitting coach.

May 28, 2013
South Florida Here... 40 a half hour, Former D1 player, 1 on 1. For mine, the lessons serve two purposes. 1. Actually hitting, with this I am extremely happy. 2. Actual conversations, with someone who has "Been there, Done that" I refer to this part of the lesson as "Therapy" Just wish I could convince Insurance to cover it.

Feb 17, 2015
normal IL
We pay 35$ for 30 minutes 1:1 former D1 player
Love the individual attention gives homework every lesson if kids don't do homework he asked he tells them wasting parents money
Love it!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes