Random Pet Peeves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
What are your random pet peeves?

Mine right now is why tournaments never offer shirts in women’s fit.

All of the participants are women. Half of the parents are women.

My kid wants a shirt but I know it will sit at the back of her drawer if it’s men’s fit and never be worn again.

Especially big tournaments with pre-order why are all of the tee shirts for men (calling it unisex doesn’t change the fact it’s a men’s shirt).

Jun 18, 2023
What are your random pet peeves?

Mine right now is why tournaments never offer shirts in women’s fit.

All of the participants are women. Half of the parents are women.

My kid wants a shirt but I know it will sit at the back of her drawer if it’s men’s fit and never be worn again.

Especially big tournaments with pre-order why are all of the tee shirts for men (calling it unisex doesn’t change the fact it’s a men’s shirt).

That's a good one, and it's a common complaint of MLB gear too from what I hear. It's probably too late, but I'm gonna make a point to bring it up at our pre-tournament meeting on Tuesday. (I'd also like to suggest names UNDER the number for our travel jerseys)

My latest random pet peeve might be the other 3rd/4th rec coaches putting new pitchers in, which I'm in favor of, that can't reach the plate, which I'm not.

They don't have to be good. But they should be occasionally reaching the plate. Give our batters at least one or two pitches an AB that they at least have to think about. Your pitcher throwing 30 foot lobs and my hitter standing there watching until the third walk when I get to pitch to them isn't doing anyone any good.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Soooooo, I am an old crabby guy. The music or sound systems rolled up to the fields hacks me off. I don't want to hear your music as I try to get my team ready to play. I certainly don't want to hear your music if I am four fields removed from you and your diamond.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Soooooo, I am an old crabby guy. The music or sound systems rolled up to the fields hacks me off. I don't want to hear your music as I try to get my team ready to play. I certainly don't want to hear your music if I am four fields removed from you and your diamond.
Even the HS and College games where the music is cranked up to 11 and I can't even have a conversation with someone sitting right next to me.

Apr 1, 2017
field #29 noon, field #4 1:30... if you've been to Lou Berliner in C-Bus. You know!!!
Any time you have back-to-back games, on different fields. Even if they are right next to each other, it becomes a rush.

Similar to the back-to-back games, one of mine would be tournament schedules that are logistically impossible before a single pitch has been thrown. 75 minute games, finish the inning, and the schedule is setup with games 80 minutes apart. Even with a normal 8am start, he tournament is behind schedule when the second game of the day (9:20am), starts maybe at 9:30. By the time you get to the scheduled Friday 7pm game, it's Tuesday.

Apr 28, 2014
Catchers who refuse to hold the ball for a split second to show the hpu a strike when a runner is on first.

Outfielders who dive just to look good in front of college coaches

Parents who set up tents behind backstops during showcases

Coaches who refuse to call back to back change ups

Alabama always hosting a regional when they don't deserve to

Teams who bitch when they play the 250 weakest schedule but complain when they don't make regionals

Big 10 Teams who have porta pottys at their home fields in NEW JERSEY

Batters who strike out on 3 pitches then hold up the game to preach to the next batter what she should do

Timed softball games What the hell is that?

HPU who call an inconsistent zone

Rolled bats

overpriced snack stands

Pay at the plate

Stay to play

Fields that don't allow coolers

I can go on if you need more :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member