How often does your DD go to lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
Yup, we know a zillionaire family that basically outsources the parent role. They have 5 lessons per week.

Now that would be awesome, getting to practice with your instructor basically.

Girl still isn't a great player though - money can't buy everything.

Even if money for lessons wasn’t an issue. Most of my enjoyment from this is how much time I get to spend with my girls. I wouldn’t want to completely eliminate myself from the equation by doing nothing but lessons. Thankfully for pitching lessons I get to sit on a bucket and still be part of the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Even if money for lessons wasn’t an issue. Most of my enjoyment from this is how much time I get to spend with my girls. I wouldn’t want to completely eliminate myself from the equation by doing nothing but lessons. Thankfully for pitching lessons I get to sit on a bucket and still be part of the journey.

Yup. I still love attending lessons with my daughter even though she can drive herself now. Of course, she still needs me to pay the bills, so I guess I am good for something. I also love working with them in the backyard cage., although I don't sit on a bucket. I am one of those nut jobs who prefer to don the gear and get in a crouch.

Feb 14, 2023
Just started going to weekly hitting lessons, but only because it is very affordable from a guy that likes to help out the local kids. If it was $60-$100/hr it would be once/twice a month with me trying to incorporate more of what he does @ home.

Jul 14, 2018
DD went to pitching and hitting lessons weekly for years starting at 10U. Now that she’s 17, she’s cut back to every two or three weeks. After eight years, her mechanics are pretty solid and her muscle memory is pretty firmly set.

Last year she started working with a personal strength trainer twice a week and saw an immediate velocity jump. I feel like at this stage of her development, that gives her more bang for the buck.

Speaking of which, we pay $90/hour for a semi-private lesson, trainer is $80/hour.

Aug 5, 2022
Now that my older daughter is in high school she goes weekly with her little sister (35 dollars per kid per hour) and then hits on her own at the high school facility. The younger goes a second time whenever we can. We don’t have an area to hit at our home except for tee work and live in an area of the country where it’s hard to hit outside and cage rental is 20/hr so for 15 dollars more she can be with her coach who can throw with more speed and movement than I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles