Going Rates for Hitting Lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
DD just started hitting lessons a few weeks ago....much needed unfortunately. The two high school coaches are not much help unfortunately and understandable don't have the time to put much into one player's struggle at the plate. Their solution was to use the "flex" option and to have DD play the field and have another player bat for her.

DD is going for a half hour a week. It is two girls at a time. Paying more that I would like but was just wondering, what are hitting coaches normally charging for something like this? She was a Mizzou player and a successful hitter. Not sure yet how that translates into coaching, but after two lessons, DD likes her and I like the instruction she is giving so far.

Thanks.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
We pay $60 for one individual hour or $45 if hour is shared (each girl pays $45). Former D1 player and part-time coach for a D1 school in town.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I would say it's more about what value of that hitting session and what you can afford. Get the biggest bang for your buck isn't just a focus on what is spent.

Jul 3, 2013
We pay $25 for a private 1 hour lesson, but the instructor has a deal with the cage owner that keeps the price down. Used to do $50 for 1 hour with a former Mizzou player, always 2 girls. I thought that was too much.

Jan 13, 2016
Mn
I pay $60/hr for my daughter to take instruction from a Mn Gopher softball alumni, she sees her once a week.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
$50/half hour - private. We personally don't like the shared lesson because if you're working on specific things, each girl has her own issues and specifics to work on. For general mechanics a shared lesson would be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06