Going on your own

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Someone who would pay me good money to watch tournaments all over the US. Greenmonsters being my chauffeur, Sluggers to carry my equipment, and Cannonball to do the press. Might even have a weekend of "special guest" by Boardmember.:) :)

Niiice. Maybe sluggers to hand feed you grapes? Or wave a fan for you while your taking a nap? Lol

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Someone who would pay me good money to watch tournaments all over the US. Greenmonsters being my chauffeur, Sluggers to carry my equipment, and Cannonball to do the press. Might even have a weekend of "special guest" by Boardmember.:) :)

Let me know if you need someone to make the drinks

Jun 24, 2013
An indoor batting cage/ pitching lane might be nice. You might could even rent it out to teams in the winter (depending on where you live). If you had an indoor facility, you could even contract with several pitching/batting coaches to give lessons out of your store. You could even pay one yourself and give a free clinic to get people to your store.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We are a small town but in a major metro area. We had a local dad open a sporting goods store. It went well for 5 years. All the time, his kids were going through the system as well. That meant that parents and friends of those playing on his teams also frequented his store. Then, one day the business stopped. I don't know how much of an impact his kids growing up and no longer in the system made, but it did make a difference.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

Where to boss?

PS No back seat driving.

Sep 17, 2009
We have (had) a great store in the Chicagoland area called Sportstation. Chicago if you don't know is a huge fastpitch area, especially the south suburbs where this store was located. They had a retail location that stocked everything you could want for fastpitch (one of their speciality areas, they also did baseball and football equipment and uniforms). They also had a big uniform sewing room in the back for their bulk business).

This year, they shut down their retail operation and went all online (I bet its a small part of their business) and team- and school-based outreach/sales calls.

I mention this because brick-and-mortar retail is hard but it also isn't the only way to run a local (ie, not national online e-commerce) softball business.

Good luck to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44