Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Not sure where Tiare hit this but this is the sort of contact I see in FP that goes out for a HR where I say they need to move the fence back..that ball isn't squared up at all and the pitcher needs to be rewarded for that....Anyway...back to the topic at hand, sorry.
Agree 100%... bat technology today making it way too easy for these athletes.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
For sure, but I get what you are saying, there are many balls leaving the yard that should end up being a fly out

My favorite part of the game is the speed. Softball would be even more fun if they moved the fences back 20 or 30 feet. More triples. More 1st to home. Etc. On it's current path, the sport is becoming more like baseball. Home run, strike out, home run, strike out... FSU is a throwback and is a blast to watch.

May 12, 2016
My favorite part of the game is the speed. Softball would be even more fun if they moved the fences back 20 or 30 feet. More triples. More 1st to home. Etc. On it's current path, the sport is becoming more like baseball. Home run, strike out, home run, strike out... FSU is a throwback and is a blast to watch.
That's precisely why I love softball, pace of the game. Moving the fences back would certainly make the game more enjoyable for me :). Florida State keeps their opponents on their toes in the field, that's for damn well sure

Oct 2, 2017
One thing that I have thought about. Why go bigger with the ball as players get older. 10" then to 12". Older players playing with a 10" ball might add a bit of challenge as the game speeds, pitching gets faster etc.

May 12, 2016
One thing that I have thought about. Why go bigger with the ball as players get older. 10" then to 12". Older players playing with a 10" ball might add a bit of challenge as the game speeds, pitching gets faster etc.
They would definitely need to move the fence back with a 10" ball... that thing travels :) I think safety would be a concern, I can't imagine playing 3rd base 30 feet away on a bunt situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32