Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
what I’m saying is load the hands against the back leg which creates the forward move which loads the hips.

This is what I think GS has changed.

It might just be terminology, but how does that work? The hands for all tense and purposes are completely independent from the rear leg. Are you just speaking as in a general idea, because the bold above, makes me think of players who have issues of arm barring because they push their hands rearward?

By the way when I said the hands can still continue to "Load" if the timing is off, doesn't mean that they are not ready to launch at any given time. In my mind, a player is going to create however much stretch is required for that particular at bat. Ideally you would want to maximize stretch every time, but that changes based on pitch.

Question for anybody, when we talk stretch, "Load" etc., we are talking about stretching muscle groups in the body, correct? If so, exactly how long can a person hold stretch for all tense and purposes. I think a lot of people hear "Stretch" and think like a sling shot being pulled back., then released. While I understand that concept, is that really how the muscles work when creating stretch, they obviously cannot be stretched for a meaningful length of time and they don't just snap or contract back, right?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It might just be terminology, but how does that work? The hands for all tense and purposes are completely independent from the rear leg. Are you just speaking as in a general idea, because the bold above, makes me think of players who have issues of arm barring because they push their hands rearward?

By the way when I said the hands can still continue to "Load" if the timing is off, doesn't mean that they are not ready to launch at any given time. In my mind, a player is going to create however much stretch is required for that particular at bat. Ideally you would want to maximize stretch every time, but that changes based on pitch.

Question for anybody, when we talk stretch, "Load" etc., we are talking about stretching muscle groups in the body, correct? If so, exactly how long can a person hold stretch for all tense and purposes. I think a lot of people hear "Stretch" and think like a sling shot being pulled back., then released. While I understand that concept, is that really how the muscles work when creating stretch, they obviously cannot be stretched for a meaningful length of time and they don't just snap or contract back, right?

it’s similar to this

1624894462578.gif

The hips must remain square while the hands get ‘back’. The hips loads afterward. It’s not FBC. It’s forward by middle.

1624895769653.gif

watch the belt buckle go last.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Don't let the ball (pitch) play you.. Beat the pitcher to your position of leverage with free hands.

jknTyMu.png

Sounds like FYB

AlalH0c.png

DoMGI9d.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802