Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So you don't want my DD to play college softball?........not saying she is slow, but her against a sloth on valium would be close race.

Lol! Her and my DD could probably have a good race then. Just a personal preference that in my opinion separates it from baseball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Would you say this pitch was timed right? Looks like she is late and stomps down on the front side to gain leverage to swing her hands from a lower launch position than she would like. I dont know this hitter, but can't imagine she wouldnt want to get a little more stretched?

If all of that is the case, i believe what you are after is making sure not to lock the hands in a static location to the torso in a more ABAF fashion?

I believe i agree even though i have tried to have my daughter stay static for purposes of keeping her hands higher to help posture. I think her real issue is just not launching the 'hands' in the swing. she allows the core to pull the hands.

The hitter above makes sure to launch the free hands when needed to get to the pitch. My DD launches the core and pulls hands. At least that is my excuse today, may change tomorrow. haha

it was a rise that was hit to CF for a HR. It appears she shortened up. the announcer said she got this pitch the at-bat before. so think she was expecting it again or looking for it.

put up some vid of your dd. Especially since it directly applies to this thread. Let’s analyze.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not sure where Tiare hit this but this is the sort of contact I see in FP that goes out for a HR where I say they need to move the fence back..that ball isn't squared up at all and the pitcher needs to be rewarded for that....Anyway...back to the topic at hand, sorry.

the fences are back a bit at that stadium right? 220 or so.

I think the ball being bigger gives the illusion of not getting ‘all of it’. A Baseball is much smaller and can look more ‘flush’ at contact if you get what I’m saying. either way you gotta get most of the ball.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
the fences are back a bit at that stadium right? 220 or so.

I think the ball being bigger gives the illusion of not getting ‘all of it’. A Baseball is much smaller and can look more ‘flush’ at contact if you get what I’m saying. either way you gotta get most of the ball.

200 down the lines. 220 to center. Same dimensions as the field my daughter plays on. Bigger than most college softball fields I have seen.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

this is the load I’m after. A sequential load. back leg stable. Hands already broken inertia. Loading the core EARLIER against the hips/forward move. This actually creates the stride. The free hands at start creates depth and time to load/launch the barrel.

1623254915711.gif
This ^^. but a bit of sagittal movement as well. The hands initiate this.

1623255095382.gif

1623295870056.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13