Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
One thing that I have thought about. Why go bigger with the ball as players get older. 10" then to 12". Older players playing with a 10" ball might add a bit of challenge as the game speeds, pitching gets faster etc.

That's an interesting thought. It would be interesting to see how much movement a college pitcher could create with a smaller ball.

May 21, 2018
My favorite part of the game is the speed. Softball would be even more fun if they moved the fences back 20 or 30 feet. More triples. More 1st to home. Etc. On it's current path, the sport is becoming more like baseball. Home run, strike out, home run, strike out... FSU is a throwback and is a blast to watch.

So you don't want my DD to play college softball?........not saying she is slow, but her against a sloth on valium would be close race.

May 12, 2016
Aren't the materials different?
I don't know for sure, in my experience I found the 10" to be harder... but that could be just my perception. In Canada they play with 10" up to U12.. even at that age the ball is moving. Hitting pop flies with the 10" to my DD was a confidence booster LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00