Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I think the ball being bigger gives the illusion of not getting ‘all of it’. A Baseball is much smaller and can look more ‘flush’ at contact if you get what I’m saying. either way you gotta get most of the ball.
Maybe..but the launch angle on that is like >35 degrees..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
200 down the lines. 220 to center. Same dimensions as the field my daughter plays on. Bigger than most college softball fields I have seen.

bigger than most stadiums. my dd plays in a much bigger stadium. 235 to the gaps. 220 down the lines. The older stadiums are way to small imo.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
put up some vid of your dd. Especially since it directly applies to this thread. Let’s analyze.

Here you go. Couple weeks ago, high school ball. Opponent is at the lower end of the conference. Not overpowering pitcher. Most other videos i have are backside and farther away. These videos are from outfield with iPhone small telephoto lens. Hard to dial in focus on home plate. In any case, have at 'er.

Foul Ball

Hit thru 5/6 gap

Out on the foul line to RF

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here you go. Couple weeks ago, high school ball. Opponent is at the lower end of the conference. Not overpowering pitcher. Most other videos i have are backside and farther away. These videos are from outfield with iPhone small telephoto lens. Hard to dial in focus on home plate. In any case, have at 'er.

Foul Ball

Hit thru 5/6 gap

Out on the foul line to RF

early hip extension. she stands up to swing. Consequently her back hip gets in the way of the hands path and she has to release the barrel early.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
@fanboi22, If you have any back view of her hitting an inside pitch I can be for sure.

I am not sure I do. Maybe practice swings but not game swings from this year. I will see if I can get some tonight or this weekend and post on her thread. Not to derail this one.

I am in agreement with what you are saying however with standing up.

May 21, 2018
early hip extension. she stands up to swing. Consequently her back hip gets in the way of the hands path and she has to release the barrel early.

Suggestions on how to fix this. I might know someone with a similar problem.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Both hips should be extending against the core contraction.. It's what allows for the breaks to be put on rotation.

ZfgRFqF.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802