Easton Torq Failed Bat Check

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I got a message from my daughter saying her Torq failed the bat check. They said it was too hot! The bat is less than a year old and secondary to her Ghost. I don't think she really uses it for much other than occasional BP. Has anyone else's Torq failed a bat check? The Ghost seems hotter to both of us, so we both got a good laugh!

Jun 8, 2016
I got a message from my daughter saying her Torq failed the bat check. They said it was too hot!
Maybe they actually meant it was too hot...literally? She didn't leave it on the hot sand when she was partying on the beach with all of her teammates did she?? 😆

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
The reason we bought the latest one was because I bought a '15 Torq NIW in early '17. It was just a practice bat until the end of last season when it got hot. It took forever but it had some nice pop. Got the latest one figuring it would be ready by next spring...

May 29, 2015
I did bat checks for a National this past weekend. Of the many bats we disallowed, twice the parent/player said they had just gotten it. One was a rattle (a certain white and gold Louisville), one failed the compression test (a DeMarini).

The one that failed the compression test — mom asked if she should take it back. I just said “it passed all the visual inspections.”

We had another girl hand us a bat and her mom said “She keeps saying that bat is dead.” We put it in the machine, threw the lever, and ... we looked at the reading (it was way over). Mom asked “What does it say?” My partner says “That you are about to spend some more money.”

It was fun teasing the girls and parents when their Ghosts “wouldn’t pass”. If they handed us a Ghost and another bat, we would test the other bat first to show them that the needle needed to get out of the red (1500 PSI). Then we would put in the Ghost which only had a 1050 requirement and watch them freak out thinking it was bad.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
That’s really pretty odd that it failed.

DD had a 32 Torq and I beat on it A LOT trying to get it to open up but never really saw a change. It was as hot as any other bat we had at the time for me but DD could not get a feel for it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There is no inner tech on a Torq, so at some point I could see it failing if it was bp'd to death. Those things took
FOREVER to get to hit, just like Makos. And remember, the torq's passing number is higher than the Ghost like MIB said.

May 6, 2015
Ok confused here, I thought if it had the proper imprint for the sanctioning body in question, it was good. do umpires or TDs really do some sort of physical test on a bat prior to play? how do they determine which bats to test? what is the test? DD is swinging new dual stamp Ghost, hat eto think it will get tossed (at USSSA nationals last week, umps did ask for all Ghosts to be brought out in pregame, but just to check for stamp, and rub their sweaty thumbs on it, do people really try and paint/draw them on?)?

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
At PGF they do a compression test of every bat that will be in play. If they dont pass, they hold them till the end or your team is eliminated. There is a video on YT about how they do the tests.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
(at USSSA nationals last week, umps did ask for all Ghosts to be brought out in pregame, but just to check for stamp, and rub their sweaty thumbs on it, do people really try and paint/draw them on?)?

They want to check Ghosts probably because the fact that the 2018 Ghost was ASA and 2019 was USSSA, so making sure the blue Ghost
wasn't being slipped in there. No, they aren't trying to draw or paint...any person of any bat knowledge knows there wasnt
a blue usssa ghost.
But funny, they didn't want prisms to be brought out? They had an asa only one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32