Bat comparison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
My DD is 11 and has a 2016 Xeno Plus 31/-11 and a 2020 Xeno 32/-11. She uses both well (no over the fence HR's yet...though getting closer) and switches between the two, I think, depending on her mood. :) But she wants a bat similar to what her friends on her team have - Ghost's and Meta's. These kids seems to always want to be just like their friends...drives me nuts, but then maybe I was like that too and have just forgotten. No one else has a Xeno on her team. I think both bats she has are phenomenal bats.
I have read many posts over the last year or so on bats and from what I remember, Xeno is just as hot and any...do I have this wrong?

Anyone done in depth research?

Nov 18, 2015
Nothing definitive to add, but I do remember hearing the 2015 and/or 2016 Xeno's to be near the top of the list of "hot but still legal" bats.

Perhaps an easy way to confirm is to do a search on used models on ebay, and see if the 2015/16 Xeno's are higher than other models from the same year.

Our teams "coaches bat" is an all purple Xeno (2014? 15? 16?) that my daughter used during a March (i.e. 35-degree) tournament last spring. Albeit very limited sample size, multiple doubles and triples during the weekend seemed to imply there was plenty of life left in that bat.

But unless she sees it on tiktok, it's unlikely that any amount of research provided by Dad will win her over. 🤷‍♂️

Although - you could tell her it may be banned next year b/c it's TOO hot, and to make sure she doesn't leave it in plain sight of the umpires. :)

Dec 19, 2021
DD2 currently uses the same 2016 Xeno 31/-11 as your DD. I originally bought it new for DD1 back in the day when you could get a clearance Xeno for $150. Lotsa miles on ours.

Her coach in the spring had her use a Ghost 31/-10. Result was the same. Apparently she can hit grounders to short just as well with either bat. 🙄. Anyway, those she did get hold of with the Ghost weren't any hotter than with the Xeno that I could tell. Correct length and weight are more important.

Oct 16, 2019
But unless she sees it on tiktok, it's unlikely that any amount of research provided by Dad will win her over. 🤷‍♂️

Although - you could tell her it may be banned next year b/c it's TOO hot, and to make sure she doesn't leave it in plain sight of the umpires. :)
That is so true about Tiktok...and the banned comment made me laugh...that is right up my alley

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its not that one bat will hit 50 foot father than other bats. BUT, hitters hit bats differently...thats for sure.
Thats why you see people post different results than others. Bats have different feel, swing weights, flex types.
Thats why lots of people here will go thru a bunch to find the one type bat their daughters hit the best.

Its not about what person hits the best on fb or their reviews, its what your daughter hits the best.

Jun 22, 2019
Xeno is going to be similar to any of the top bats. With the testing they have now, it’s tough to see one have a significant performance benefit over the other.

Feel and confidence with the bat is what‘s important when comparing the top level bats. My girls swing LXTs and have for years. We’ve tried a bunch of other bats, but they keep going back to the LXT because they like the feel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802