Don’t Pitch to Alo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Absolutely glad to be part of the discussion here to bring up how things have changed because without reflecting on how things have changed some folks wouldn't realize how much the game has been manipulated!

Jun 8, 2016
No
Chatting about the ways the game is manipulated.
( that's all the conversation is. there is no other ultimatum or underlining motive)

Simply chatting about the way the game is manipulated.
Ok. Next time I see somebody get in shape I am going to start chatting with them about ways they can get fat again..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Ok. Next time I see somebody get in shape I am going to start chatting with them about ways they can get fat again..
Sounds like you.

Kind of lame how you want to be argumentative about the exact same reasons how the game has changed and the way they can change it to make it more balanced. Notice you haven't come up with any solutions...?‍♀️
Might as well make yourself comfortable the conversation about softball will never end.

Jun 8, 2016
Sounds like you.

Kind of lame how you want to be argumentative about the exact same reasons how the game has changed and the way they can change it to make it more balanced. Notice you haven't come up with any solutions.
Might as well make yourself comfortable the conversation about softball will never end.
I don't look for solutions to problems that don't exist. Softball in the 80's/90's balanced?? Lol..softball barely existed East of the Mississippi...You don't think OU would have dominated with further fences/softer balls/worse bats/40 ft mounds ? The best players are still the best players. If there is a competition issue it isn't going to go away by changing the parameters for everybody..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I don't look for solutions to problems that don't exist. Softball in the 80's/90's balanced?? Lol..softball barely existed East of the Mississippi...
Yeah I have no idea why you keep talking about softball in the 80s I'm not I'm talking about the 80's.
Rather how it's been changed .

you seem to be reflecting on the wrong era.

CHANGE was because not balanced it was too heavily pitcher dominated.

that's the point that's why things have changed

not reflecting on the past
reflecting on how the CHANGE has manipulated the game.

*******Obviously the reasons are the same that can alter the game back to be more balanced if people think it is too heavily hitter influenced now.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah I have no idea why you keep talking about softball in the 80s I'm not I'm talking about how it's been changed you seem to be reflecting on the wrong era. It is why they changed the game because it was not balanced it was too heavily picture dominated that's the point that's why things have changed not reflecting on the past reflecting on how the change has manipulated the game hopefully that doesn't fly over your head.
All of the changes (or "manipulations" as you put it) you are talking about happened in the late 80's/early 90's right (with the exception of the bats..)? Hence my referencing that timeframe..

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Here's a comparison of Alo's season to Chamberlain's in 2013. I'll note that Chamberlain played little bit tougher schedule. Given fact that she played in the field and was a good baserunner (14 steals), did she have the better season?

Also included is a stat line from one of my personal favorites, Jen Yee. Her 2010 Georgia Tech team lost in the Super Regionals, I believe, and played a relatively weak schedule. But her OPS+ topped 2.000. She walked 88 times!

1654883125296.png

radness

Dec 13, 2019
All of the changes (or "manipulations" as you put it) you are talking about happened in the late 80's/early 90's right (with the exception of the bats..)? Hence my referencing that timeframe..
There have been a series of ongoing changes that have continued that started right around the 90's. Through 2000's +
And have continued changing like the obstruction rule that changed in more recent years.

Lines on the side of the pitching rubber.
is another.

Now the illegal pitch call that if the ball is in play and the batter gets out they can determine if they want to take the situation from the batted ball or come back to the plate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221