Did I screw up my daughter's 1st base mitt?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
A badly fitting or shaped glove can certainly make you look bad. However, poor technique also produces drops.

You said that "she doesn't really have drops when she is using her other fielders glove for pitching and outfield", and that qualified language suggests to me that she drops the ball occasionally using the other glove as well. My DD played pretty much everywhere at some point over a very long time. I can not only count her game drops (ball hits middle of glove) on one hand, I can explain why it happened in terms of blinding sun or terrible field lighting combined with a very hard hit ball. We worked on glove technique a LOT from a young age, and it was reinforced in team practice.

Lazy glove work will bite even more often than a deformed poc
That's an awful lot of parsing just to humblebrag about your wonderchild.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
OMG! You are like the Rainman of gloves. Yes, it does have a velcro closure. And yes, she has it as tight as it will go. We loosened the closure and it was noticeably easier to close. We can't play catch with it tonight, but I honestly think you figured it out.....................I'm still probably going to buy another glove though, you know, just to be safe.😝
Lol

Yeah you’re supposed to set / tighten the wrist with the glove on hand and squeezed closed, then attach the Velcro strap.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06