Device to encourage Hello Elbow

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
I do not like the xelerator. If you pitch properly, you'll smack yourself in the face with it. If you do a hello elbow, you'll smack your back. The instructions say it should smack your back. You figure it out.

-W

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
The Xelerator looks interesting. Not the clothes rack looking thing. That thing would be good to hang your socks to dry, maybe.

Yea..one thing it is good for is DD never stood out on SS acting like she was pitching. If she wanted to let someone know she was a pitcher too, she would just pull it out for one min.= 60+ pitches, and they would know... plus, you can't buy one like mine. It works great for that :{))

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I do not like the xelerator. If you pitch properly, you'll smack yourself in the face with it. If you do a hello elbow, you'll smack your back. The instructions say it should smack your back. You figure it out.

-W

Maybe, just maybe it could be used to keep the arm/shoulder warm and loose between long innings in the cold weather. We used something like that in baseball. Not sure the new tech name, but it was like a big bungee cord in the dugout or bullpen. Just enough resistance, not too much.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

-W

Mine don't come with instructions... DD never hit her self... What do you think about using it for counter balancing the left side???

spine_illustration_web2.jpg

Apr 11, 2012
I bought the Xcelerator for my DD but didn't like it. It did not seem to encourage IR. It now lays in the corner of her bedroom under some clothes and who knows what else and she just has to go out and practice pitching.

Jun 9, 2009
Here's another fun still. Notice the hand position. Does that look like 'hello elbow' to anyone? She basically goes through a gyration to get into hello elbow position once the ball is gone, when she should be preparing to field the ball.

plF1N.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD just got home from her MS Team party, they played 16” softball.

HC told her she pitches as well with the 16” ball as the 12” ball. HC meant it as a compliment and DD took it as such.

I might need to try to see if she can play another sport.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing