DD starts her HS career tonight....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
good luck on the HS journey, as it can be "rocky"....Missouri plays in the fall as well (thank god) but practices start on monday (8-12-13) and games a week or so later....DD starting her JR year....her FR year was a bad dream, being stuck in JV hell, while the varsity was a .500 junior and senior dominated team that were not that good skill set wise. Last year, the coach changed her philosophy and went with the youth movement telling 5-6 upper classmen that they wouldn't play and a dream came true....the team ran away with the KC Suburban Big Six title and my DD won many 1st team honors including a KC "All-Metro" award as a sophomore....so if it doesn't go your way at first, keep being postitive, don't bad mouth the coach or program and make sure your DD is working hard....it worked for us.

keep us informed.....

Dec 10, 2012
USA
We are in Georgia as well. My freshman DD is playing JV and Varsity this year. We wil be busy. First game is Friday night, weather permitting.

Good luck!

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
My DD's starts Tuesday, I wonder if we might just run into each other at a game and not even know it? :)

Thanks for the songs, now I'm crying like an idiot. I can't believe I have a kid in High School.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD's high school team has 21 players between JV and Varsity. There are @ 6 full time Varsity players (Juniors and Seniors), and @ 6 full time JV players (Freshman and Sophomores). That leaves @ 9 players who are playing both (Freshmen and Sophomores). My DD has started two games so far this season - one varsity and one JV, and she pitched well in both. I think she is getting the varsity start tomorrow night against our biggest rival and I would be lying if I said I was not a little nervous!

Dec 19, 2012
I'm sure she'll do great tomorrow JAD. Breathe deep, try to relax, and watch your dd throw a gem.

Oct 19, 2009
Good luck to your DD JAD and thatcrazymom, we're in northwest GA they have already had several games in high schools in the area. They are some strong teams in GA.

Sep 18, 2011
I think she is getting the varsity start tomorrow night against our biggest rival and I would be lying if I said I was not a little nervous!

That's quite a compliment for your DD to get such an important start against your arch rivals, especially when she is so young!! I am sure she will pitch very well, and i hope to read about it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing