The Saga of Rebuilding a School Program: A parent-coach's journal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
Still getting lessons intermittently. She's made a couple huge strides (no pun intended) that we just couldn't hit under my tutelage, and she picked up a few mph vs anything I've seen on the radar previously. I expect she'll make another speed jump within a few more lessons. Her posture is about to really solidify, and when the front side locks in I think things are gonna take a drastic turn for the better. I'm filled with optimism.

We've also come up with a plan for her to volunteer at a local community center when it fits in with her lesson and practice schedule, then the wife or I will pay her the hourly rate. She's just looking to make some pocket money because she doesn't like asking us for it, and with two lessons and two practices a week it would be inconvenient for an employer to schedule around it.

So, softball will cost me more of a fortune than it already is.

Team summer workouts started yesterday. Vacations and such cut into attendance, so we only had three. DD is out of town as well. The field felt like dry cake icing and the kids were super rusty, but it was good to be back out there. I haven't coached on the field since prior to spring practices. I've also picked up what I think is some post-trauma arthritis related to a nasty line drive I took to the wrist a couple years ago. I can't even throw from the fence to home plate in the air at the moment. I gotta get it checked out. I shook someone's hand a couple weeks ago and just about cried...haha. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831