DD lost 12-6 rotation on drop ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Lol, yes I'm sorry, it looks very good. I just read the famous IR thread and am now starting to understand. So I went back and reviewed the videos again. She looks exactly as Board Member describes in all of the positions, except she never reaches the palm up position at 3:00. So the ball points at 3rd base through out the 1/2 circle from 12:00. I don't know what that does to the IR at the release point, but she certainly does exhibit the natural internal rotation during release, or perhaps maybe just after. It's late but I will try to post some images.

Jun 11, 2013
6_oclock_start.jpg12_oclock.jpg2_oclock.jpg
6_oclock_release.jpginternal_rotation.jpg

Looking at 2:00 o'clock, the ball is pointed at 3rd base, and never drops into the palm up position. This is the only thing I see that doesn't align with the IR thread. Then again, yesterday I didn't know what IR was....

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
She is getting it. Have her relax her shoulders and arms. Lead with that right elbow. Bend it and exaggerate leading with the elbow, until the light bulb goes on for her. But, she is fine for now. She wants the right shoulder to drop lower than the left.

For her drop ball, she needs to release it sooner than her FB. Bring her closer to you and have her slow down, until she gets some success.

Jun 11, 2013
Thanks Amy. Actually, she doesn't know anything about I/R. Our PC has never mentioned it and neither have I as I'm only beginning to understand. She 'thinks' she's getting behind the ball and pushing in order to correct the 12:6 spin.

I'll work with her on relaxing, getting more elbow, and see if that helps at 3:00 o'clock and release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie