Daily trivia

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
rdbass - I will give you One Million Dollarz to change your avatar. I just got up from my seizure and I think I am going down again.....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
rdbass - I will give you One Million Dollarz to change your avatar. I just got up from my seizure and I think I am going down again.....
Dr.-Evil-Sarcastic-Right-In-Austin-Powers-Gifs.gif

Changed sorry.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
I had a girl once given a HBP "walk" when the ball hit the bottom of her shoe. She jumped up to avoid the ball in the dirt. The ball bounces in the dirt and then comes up and hit the bottom (sole) of her shoe while she is in the air. The PU initially makes no ruling but shouts out to the BU "Did it hit her?" to which the BU replied "Yes it did!". She's on the way to 1B while the opposing coach, after his tirade, is on his way to the parking lot. My girl says she didn't feel it hit her, but I say you take what the ump gives you and yes it did hit you, just on the bottom of your cleats so you may not have felt it.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I had a girl once given a HBP "walk" when the ball hit the bottom of her shoe. She jumped up to avoid the ball in the dirt. The ball bounces in the dirt and then comes up and hit the bottom (sole) of her shoe while she is in the air. The PU initially makes no ruling but shouts out to the BU "Did it hit her?" to which the BU replied "Yes it did!". She's on the way to 1B while the opposing coach, after his tirade, is on his way to the parking lot. My girl says she didn't feel it hit her, but I say you take what the ump gives you and yes it did hit you, just on the bottom of your cleats so you may not have felt it.

Still hit by pitched ball.

Jun 24, 2013
Still hit by pitched ball.

I agree, just made the other coach mad. I was coaching first and was waving the girl on like crazy, like Get down here and stop talking. I saw it hit her and even though she didn't feel it, I wanted her on that base.

Jun 22, 2008
Had a similar situtation a few years ago. Runner on 3rd and wild pitch bounces and just clips the batter on the bottom of the cleat. Runner from 3rd was on a full run home when I killed the play. I awarded the batter 1st and she wanted to argue the ball hadnt hit her. After telling her a couple of times to take her base I finally told her she had the option of either taking her base or she could be ejected. She chose to take her base.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Amy, I had to almost laugh on Saturday at my daughter's tournament. My DD was batting, first pitch was down the middle for a strike. Second pitch, my DD loads to trigger and the ball is high and inside. As my daughter pulls her hands in tight while trying to lean back the ball hits her in the back of the top hand.
Immediately this thread pops in my head. HC and PU step up to check on her since she is standing there holding her hand in pain. I am behind the fence waiting for them to tell her to take her base. PU calls it a foul ball and tells her to continue her batting. I am dumb founded. After the inning I call the PU over and ask him to explain to me why it was not a DB with her taking 1st. He says she was attempting to swing. It was all I could do to keep from loosing it. I thanked him for the explanation but knew darn well that she never even came close to swinging.
I wanted to tell the PU, didn't you read Amy's Trivia Question thread?! :)

Jul 26, 2010
I had a kid yesterday in an 18u championship game square to bunt and took the ball to her face, nearly knocking her helmet off. Ump gave her 1st base. I wasn't about to argue the call, but in my opinion, I had a strike call.

-W

Jun 22, 2008
I had a kid yesterday in an 18u championship game square to bunt and took the ball to her face, nearly knocking her helmet off. Ump gave her 1st base. I wasn't about to argue the call, but in my opinion, I had a strike call.

-W

What rule set? Did she attempt to withdraw the bat and was the ball over the plate and in the strike zone?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I saw a batter in 10U that was trying to learn to slap, from the left. She ran out of the box, right into a strike. (MOO) The ump gave her her base.

He did go chat with the other ump and I think he was doubting himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing