Brain droppings..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

14u championship game and coach calls time after 1st pitch goes out to circle and chews out the pitcher has her crying on the rubber. Screaming don’t you ever do that again. Craziest thing I’ve seen by a coach in a game.

Apr 28, 2019
With permission from Ray (Sluggers), it's my intent to do a (weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly?) thread where I do an article of sorts on thoughts, opinions about pitching, coaching pitching, and other topics. Many times during the week, during my lessons, things come to mind that I wish to pontificate about such as: uncoachable kids, parents that drive me nuts, etc. I am open to suggestions on things people may want to discuss or hear thoughts on. It goes without saying these will be my own thoughts and opinions, not those of the moderators or website owner. I absolutely don't expect everyone to agree with me 100% of the time and I welcome you to tell me how or where you think I'm wrong. So now all I have to do is think of the first "brain dropping".
How about a segment on arm, shoulder maintenance after an outing?

Feb 22, 2021
How do you calculate a 1/2 pitcher? No stamina, accuracy/speed/movement issues?
No stamina. Accuracy is shakey at the start of the game. Completely gone after the 2nd inning.
Mind you, this is 10U. Most games are only lasting 4 innings anyway. Which is why ace was in quotations as well. lol.

Aug 21, 2008
How do you calculate a 1/2 pitcher? No stamina, accuracy/speed/movement issues?

Many of your suggestions have been great everyone, thanks.

This one puzzles me, what is a 1/2 pitcher? Is that a midget? haha Jokes aside, I think I know what you mean but, please be clearer.

Apr 28, 2019
Many of your suggestions have been great everyone, thanks.

This one puzzles me, what is a 1/2 pitcher? Is that a midget? haha Jokes aside, I think I know what you mean but, please be clearer.
This is a question I asked another poster who stated he had 1.5 pitchers.
His answer was no stamina gets gassed after a couple of innings and is erratic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying