10U Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

P

Pitch248

Hi everyone! New here...and wanted some opinions on pitching progress. My daughter started pitching at around 8-9 years old, just dabbling to see if she enjoyed it. She's had pretty good form & we started her in lessons right after she turned 10. What kind of progress should I be looking for? Certain number of strikes or just better mechanics at this point? What checkpoints should I really be looking for to encourage her that she's doing well? Her pitching coach says she's doing really well, but she seems to do a lot better during lessons/practice than in games. She practices everyday she's only had about 3 months of lessons so far & I know pitching is a long hard road. Any advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

May 13, 2021
I asked this same question before, what was told to me and it was very accurate with what I saw with my DD. First you will notice the wild pitches will get less and less. The balls will be closer to being a strike, the strikes will slowly start to become more regular. This will happen in practice before it happens in the game. No pressure in practice like there is in the game. It is a slow process, don't compare where she is today to where she was last week compare her to where she was 6 months ago. As has been said on here 1,000 times it is marathon not a sprint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45