Short term goals for pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
We always have goals we are working towards, some easier to achieve than others. I think you should set goals that you know she will achieve in the near future lets say ( less than a month) if she puts in the work, so she gets that sense of accomplishment. Along with some longer term harder to reach goals that she is working towards that you think she can accomplish in lets say (3-6 months or 6-12 months).

Jun 27, 2021
DD is entering 14u and has been pitching for about 3 years now. On a solid B team, currently 3rd pitcher on her her new team. Good chances for her to move up - she is showing a lot of potential. Trying to help with setting short term quantifiable goals for games. Anyone else do this? I know it will vary depending on the competition we play but I feel like setting up monthly and some cumulative goals will push her harder - things like x% strikeouts, % of walks, etc. thoughts or ideas?
Work in two inning blocks. Short term goal as a #3 is to earn time, trust and more importantly experience. Those two innings, turn into 3 and full games as building blocks.