Brain droppings..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
With permission from Ray (Sluggers), it's my intent to do a (weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly?) thread where I do an article of sorts on thoughts, opinions about pitching, coaching pitching, and other topics. Many times during the week, during my lessons, things come to mind that I wish to pontificate about such as: uncoachable kids, parents that drive me nuts, etc. I am open to suggestions on things people may want to discuss or hear thoughts on. It goes without saying these will be my own thoughts and opinions, not those of the moderators or website owner. I absolutely don't expect everyone to agree with me 100% of the time and I welcome you to tell me how or where you think I'm wrong. So now all I have to do is think of the first "brain dropping".

Nov 18, 2015
I always like to hear about "breakthrough" stories (Ken's blog posts touch on those a lot). Not the "my student stuck out 10", of course, but more about how you may use different approaches with different students, or how what you thought was a minor suggestion turned out to really make things "click" for them. I know you work with all age ranges, but personally, I'd like to hear about what's worked for you with the younger (beginner - 12U) crowd.

Looking forward to your future posts!

Jul 8, 2020
this would be great. would like to hear thoughts on like a weekly routine, what they should be doing to get better, types of activities, etc.

Jan 28, 2017
When your stride leg hits the ground, What does your drag leg/hips do at that moment? Most of the kids that I coach were all taught HE and turning the shoe laces over is late.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
The most common mechanical problems or inefficiencies you see in your students and what you have found most effective to correct or at least improve them.

Also, given your experience in the college ranks, what are the girls you've coached the most or least prepared for in the college game? What are the things that they could do before arriving on campus that would make them more prepared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood