barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The core is capable of initiating the pre-swing movements during the sequence which allows for the rest of the movement to be reactive.

7gOCRnJ.gif

MUZvcgi.gif

LaEDWeT.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Again......... counter rotation and Reciprocal rotation moves the pelvis. The obliques stretching while the pelvis and legs resist. The leg doesnt open to create stretch. What you describe is hip shoulder nonsense. They stay closed to create reciprocal or balanced rotation.

let’s see here .. obliques-pelvis-front leg.

ps. It’s your fact. Still haven’t shown a video or anything else backing your statement.

Pss. The obliques can move the trunk into rotation but they can’t move a little bitty pelvis? That’s your argument you know that right? You know this stretch is usually with the front leg in the air right with little resistance from the big bad legs right?

Feb 25, 2020
The core is capable of initiating the pre-swing movements during the sequence which allows for the rest of the movement to be reactive.

7gOCRnJ.gif

MUZvcgi.gif

LaEDWeT.gif

I totally agree.
Again......... counter rotation and Reciprocal rotation moves the pelvis. The obliques stretching while the pelvis and legs resist. The leg doesnt open to create stretch. What you describe is hip shoulder nonsense. They stay closed to create reciprocal or balanced rotation.

let’s see here .. obliques-pelvis-front leg.

ps. It’s your fact. Still haven’t shown a video or anything else backing your statement.

Pss. The obliques can move the trunk into rotation but they can’t move a little bitty pelvis? That’s your argument you know that right? You know this stretch is usually with the front leg in the air right with little resistance from the big bad legs right?

All videos posted of human beings moving support what I am saying because it is Anatomy/Kinesiology.

No "core muscles" move the pelvis besides minor tilting.

As far as the pelvis being a tiny bone...it has like 25-30% of all the muscle in the body connecting the femurs to it...Of course it doesnt move.

The "in the air" thing Im not really sure what you think is going on but, I'm sure it is probably wrong. There are a lot of muscles that move the femur in the hip in different ways.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I totally agree.

All videos posted of human beings moving support what I am saying because it is Anatomy/Kinesiology.

No "core muscles" move the pelvis besides minor tilting.

As far as the pelvis being a tiny bone...it has like 25-30% of all the muscle in the body connecting the femurs to it...Of course it doesnt move.

The "in the air" thing Im not really sure what you think is going on but, I'm sure it is probably wrong. There are a lot of muscles that move the femur in the hip in different ways.

of course your not really sure. Fascial slings play a big role. Oh and the posterior and anterior oblique slings run diagonally. Are you sure you know what your taking about BS? Doesn’t t seem like it.

Feb 25, 2020

7gOCRnJ.gif

MUZvcgi.gif

LaEDWeT.gif

Right on. yes i agree that the entire purpose of moving legs/hips is to put the core in the best position to launch. (Stretched and everything)

Feb 25, 2020
That’s not what he’s saying. But perception well...ya know.

Ya I thought the one I quoted was where he said "No its about getting into a leveraged position before launching (contracting obliques) the swing based on needed direction"

I agree with this one I accidentally quoted also. Barry Bonds was the King of this.

Feb 25, 2020
of course your not really sure. Fascial slings play a big role. Oh and the posterior and anterior oblique slings run diagonally. Are you sure you know what your taking about BS? Doesn’t t seem like it.

Im sorry but you said this

"But unfortunately this is the tech side of hitting. Things need to be explained twice. Front and back. Back up evidence given and numerous pros illustrating said technique so the technique can be validated"

Every video on here backs up what anatomy books say. Because that is how the human body moves.

And everyone here has been talking about "slings" anytime they reference stretch or load the core. Slings are just a theory(or fancy name) for muscles working together synergistically. It does not change the basic function of each muscle.

I.e, a "sling" doesnt magically let your core rotate the hips.

And FYI, there are all kinds of resources ("facts") out there about which muscles actually move what bones. For free. On the internet.

You dont have to rely on your "perception" and theorize as to what is happening.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Im sorry but you said this

"But unfortunately this is the tech side of hitting. Things need to be explained twice. Front and back. Back up evidence given and numerous pros illustrating said technique so the technique can be validated"

Every video on here backs up what anatomy books say. Because that is how the human body moves.

And everyone here has been talking about "slings" anytime they reference stretch or load the core. Slings are just a theory(or fancy name) for muscles working together synergistically. It does not change the basic function of each muscle.

I.e, a "sling" doesnt magically let your core rotate the hips.

And FYI, there are all kinds of resources ("facts") out there about which muscles actually move what bones. For free. On the internet.

You dont have to rely on your "perception" and theorize as to what is happening.

I’m not gonna spell it out for you. I did give you the sequence. You gave me the legs move the core etc. that’s drag. That’s open up to swing. Its incorrect. That’s not how it’s done.

the way the pros get it done is by swinging against the lower half via the hips. That’s why most are closed at foot down. That’s why the hips will only rotate to about 70 degrees in most swings. Which is really neutral

the counter rotation propels the body forward. The reciprocal rotation (top against bottom) creates the impulse on the ball.

stop looking at anatomy. It’s bio-mechanics you should look into.

the lady golfer video shows you that keeping the hips still or maybe counter rotating in sequence???... can let the obliques or core power the swing.

look at hank .. core pelvis leg

look at Will same?

How about manny?

JD?

Even Reggie.

Feb 25, 2020
I’m not gonna spell it out for you. I did give you the sequence. You gave me the legs move the core etc. that’s drag. That’s open up to swing. Its incorrect. That’s not how it’s done.

the way the pros get it done is by swinging against the lower half via the hips. That’s why most are closed at foot down. That’s why the hips will only rotate to about 70 degrees in most swings. Which is really neutral

the counter rotation propels the body forward. The reciprocal rotation (top against bottom) creates the impulse on the ball.

stop looking at anatomy. It’s bio-mechanics you should look into.

the lady golfer video shows you that keeping the hips still or maybe counter rotating in sequence???... can let the obliques or core power the swing.

look at hank .. core pelvis leg

look at Will same?

How about manny?

JD?

Even Reggie.

The lady golfer on youtube. Not sure if she meets the criteria of expert...you listen to her if you want nevee watched it.

Ive said repeatedly that the legs try to keep as much tension on the core as possible. The pelvis is the anchor for the obliques to move the core. The legs are moving the pelvis playing keep away. Trying to keep the pelvis away from the ribs. So the obliques can pull.

The carp gif shows this. When hips open early it shortens the distance between pelvis and ribs. This is bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805