Advice for all the younger age groups: Stop playing so SLOW

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
@pattar: As to pitching, it is not the 12U kids that are the problem. the know they are supposed to "just throw strikes". The problem is the coach trying to get little 11YOA Suzy to throw a riseball on the inside corner.

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar: As to pitching, it is not the 12U kids that are the problem. the know they are supposed to "just throw strikes". The problem is the coach trying to get little 11YOA Suzy to throw a riseball on the inside corner.
From behind the OF fence I have a hard time knowing what DD's HC calls except that it appears that most numbers on the wrist band stand for "Ball". The highest strike percentage for a pitcher in a single game in last weekend's tournament was 56%...That was typical for what happened all spring as well.

Part of it is I think the pitchers on her team do not throw enough in between games and part of it I am sure is what the HC is trying to call.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Defense as a team SRINT to our positions!

Husle releases adrenaline and endorphins!
Energy at the Ready!

Dec 6, 2019
From behind the OF fence I have a hard time knowing what DD's HC calls except that it appears that most numbers on the wrist band stand for "Ball". The highest strike percentage for a pitcher in a single game in last weekend's tournament was 56%...That was typical for what happened all spring as well.

Part of it is I think the pitchers on her team do not throw enough in between games and part of it I am sure is what the HC is trying to call.

Even worse, our coach is always calling the "hit the backstop on the fly" pitch. Though that's only for certain pitchers. For other pitchers, he repeatedly calls the "bounce it six feet in front of the plate" pitch.

Just can't figure him out.

May 23, 2015
Courtesy runners (should be scratched) and coaches calling pitches takes a terrible toll on the clock.

May 6, 2015
Courtesy runners (should be scratched) and coaches calling pitches takes a terrible toll on the clock.
ironic considering one of the ideas of CR at least for the catcher is to save time (ie have them geared up when third out is made).

I like CR for catcher if used properly, ie CR is ready to go on bench, helmet on, when catcher goes to bat. after play where C reaches base, or after any subsequwent play is complete, team should have about 10 seconds to ask for CR, and 5 seconds to make the substitution. then play ball

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13