44 Pro Gloves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What’s everyone’s take one them? Admittedly I’ve only ever seen / handled one before, years ago a member here had his DD’s custom sent directly to me for me to start the break in and seal the palm liner. I was completely shocked at what a huge POS that glove was, I actually felt sorry for this guy and his DD! It was pretty terrible!

But, I’ve gotta say, at that time it was probably surrounded by 15/20 Horween exclusives, so really not a fair comparison!

Now, in these playoffs it looks like 1 out of every 3 or 4 pitchers is wearing one, I haven’t seen a position player wear one but that doesn’t mean there’s not some out there?

So what’s everyone’s opinion? I have always said, outside of the big 3, well 4 with Easton, Gloveworks is next in line, for me anyway. But 44 Pro must be doing something right, or they have some deep pockets with sponsorship?

Oct 26, 2019
We have bought 2 and I have seen many others. The quality is definitely not on par with the big 3. However, for the price (when they have a sale) it’s hard to beat a fully custom glove for under $200. Of the 4 or 5 I have seen and held, the quality is a bit all over the place. Some are nicer put together than others.

Both of my kids never used theirs and opted for the A2000 instead.

Sep 19, 2018
dd had a teammate get a 44. Less than 2 years later (now on a different team), I saw her with another new glove. She told me her 44 was like a pancake.

Oct 6, 2024
My best friend started playing competitive baseball in a men's league in recent years after hanging it up in college. My daughter's coach plays D3 college ball. They both have 44 gloves, and I've seen several older siblings of my son and daughter using them.

I'd put them slightly below HoH, and A2000, but better than the others at that price point. They're well made, break in easy, and are fully customizable. They also seem to hold up well. I think they're worth the consideration if you want to buy a "nice" glove that will be exactly what you or your kiddo wants but don't want to spend a ton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiLBWashout