44 Pro Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
For Christmas, my daughter was asking for a fielding glove. She loved her Custom Vinci, but it is ready to be retired. Bought her an A2000, but as most know, the 12 inch A2000 measure about a quarter inch short which makes for a good middle infield glove, but she preferred the size of the 12inch Vinci for corners and outfield.

Ive been curious about the quality of the 44 Gloves, and they happened to be having a sale on a create your own fastpitch glove. I think it cost me $140 ish all in, so I figured if it doesnt pan out, Im not out a fortune.

I went with the Pro 44 model and added the kip palm lining and few embroidered items. The process was easy, I knew the colors my daughter liked, as I found her playing around on the designer tool about 6 months ago. Added some loudness to it, as she likes, and it went fairly quickly. Process took about 6 or 7 weeks and I have to say, so far so good.

I went with a 12.25, Kip leather, , and I have to say, Im impressed. She loved that it came with a glove bag with her last name on it, and the craftsmanship seems great. I ordered it Pro Stiff, so she will have a lot of work to do before its game ready.

Ive yet to measure the true size, but will do so when I get a chance. Time will tell how it holds up.

It took every bit of me to not order her a Rawlings Pro Preferred, but thought this is one of the few gloves I have no experience with. Save it for the next glove if she doesnt fall in love with this one.

Ill have to upload other photos later

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20210105_160653.jpg
    20210105_160653.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
May 4, 2020
For Christmas, my daughter was asking for a fielding glove. She loved her Custom Vinci, but it is ready to be retired. Bought her an A2000, but as most know, the 12 inch A2000 measure about a quarter inch short which makes for a good middle infield glove, but she preferred the size of the 12inch Vinci for corners and outfield.

Ive been curious about the quality of the 44 Gloves, and they happened to be having a sale on a create your own fastpitch glove. I think it cost me $140 ish all in, so I figured if it doesnt pan out, Im not out a fortune.

I went with the Pro 44 model and added the kip palm lining and few embroidered items. The process was easy, I knew the colors my daughter liked, as I found her playing around on the designer tool about 6 months ago. Added some loudness to it, as she likes, and it went fairly quickly. Process took about 6 or 7 weeks and I have to say, so far so good.

I went with a 12.25, Kip leather, , and I have to say, Im impressed. She loved that it came with a glove bag with her last name on it, and the craftsmanship seems great. I ordered it Pro Stiff, so she will have a lot of work to do before its game ready.

Ive yet to measure the true size, but will do so when I get a chance. Time will tell how it holds up.

It took every bit of me to not order her a Rawlings Pro Preferred, but thought this is one of the few gloves I have no experience with. Save it for the next glove if she doesnt fall in love with this one.

Ill have to upload other photos later

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No experience with 44 gloves. I know they are reasonably priced. It looks like a nice glove.
If your DD loved the Vinci why not get another one?
I just order my DD her 2nd custom Vinci. She has the 1961 for 12.75” for fielding and wanted something a tad smaller 12.5” for pitching (plus her TB & HS team both have the same three color combo and she wants those colors).
Like you I thought about other gloves like A2K & Pro Preferred. Tigress gloves seemed to be on most Fastpitch FB pages before Xmas.
I guess we’re always looking for something better than we already have. In the end I thought she loves the Vinci and I honestly can’t remember her committing any errors in MI last season.
I saw the 44 gloves advertised along with Tigress for $125 customized.
The Vinci Ltd line is on sale for $199 w/free shipping so I went with the Devil I know. Just wanted to be sure I got an equal or better glove than she already has.
Wasn’t sure the other “Newcomers” were of the same caliber. Maybe they are. Keep us posted how your DD likes it.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
No experience with 44 gloves. I know they are reasonably priced. It looks like a nice glove.
If your DD loved the Vinci why not get another one?
I just order my DD her 2nd custom Vinci. She has the 1961 for 12.75” for fielding and wanted something a tad smaller 12.5” for pitching (plus her TB & HS team both have the same three color combo and she wants those colors).
Like you I thought about other gloves like A2K & Pro Preferred. Tigress gloves seemed to be on most Fastpitch FB pages before Xmas.
I guess we’re always looking for something better than we already have. In the end I thought she loves the Vinci and I honestly can’t remember her committing any errors in MI last season.
I saw the 44 gloves advertised along with Tigress for $125 customized.
The Vinci Ltd line is on sale for $199 w/free shipping so I went with the Devil I know. Just wanted to be sure I got an equal or better glove than she already has.
Wasn’t sure the other “Newcomers” were of the same caliber. Maybe they are. Keep us posted how your DD likes it.

My first thought was to go with a Vinci, but it came down to the fact that when she came to me about wanting a new glove, she didn't ask for a Vinci. I figured if she really loved the glove that much, she would have specifically asked for a Vinci. If you ask her about bats, it's Easton Ghost or nothing. But when I saw here looking at gloves online, not one of them was a Vinci and she went to the 44 site a few times to create one. I think sometimes, its all about trying something new.

I know iit's a bit of a gamble, but at that price, might as well give it a whirl. She is beyond thrilled and I have to keep in mind that it's her glove, not mine. There are a couple of HS kids that have them that work out at the facility we work out at, so I asked them how they liked theirs before seriously considering 44.

I'll keep you posted once she starts breaking it in. The only complaint she had about the Vinci is that it broke in differently than past gloves, but like I explained to her, it was a different web and different size so not really an apples to apples comparison. She found it got loose and lost it's shape a little quicker than expected. That being said, she still grabs that over the A2000, but I think mostly because of the size preference.

Nov 8, 2020
44 Pro makes a nice glove, its going to be about a third of the price of a custom Rawlings Pro Preferred and materially it's more in line with Rawlings Heart of the Hide line of gloves.
44 Pro will be a bit larger than the Rawlings and Wilson gloves that at listed as the same size.
I see a lot of the 44 Pros, have broken in a bunch but have relaced quite a few as well, it's a good quality glove, especially as they're all custom made and they have so many options available.
Enjoy it

Photos are of a 12" 44 pro laying next to an 11.75" A2000

Attachments

• 20200915_184143.jpg
    20200915_184143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 20200915_184131.jpg
    20200915_184131.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Jul 2, 2013
DD has a teammate who has been using these gloves for years and loves them. I'm pretty sure her brother does too.

She was told she will be playing a lot of first base this year and her dad told me he was going to be getting her a first base mitt from 44 also.

Oct 26, 2019
So according to that video - buying a 44 Pro is basically like me buying my wife a knockoff Coach purse. It’s not a real Wilson or Rawlings material wise, but it’s cheaper and my wife doesn’t know the difference. At the end of the day she is happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood