44 Pro Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 9, 2020
a glove is personal preference jeez I still have my "Bucky dent " Rawlings glove from when I was a kid. these days I use her hand me downs lol.. she has custom A2k 12" for corner and 11.75 custom pro preferred Rawlings for second base , her most comfort is with A2k. they have been thorough a lot . the 44 is nice glove see more and more major leaguers using them. I have noticed that some of the other brands are sometimes little heavier than the more mainstream brands (notice I didn't say better brands ), all gloves over time need to be re-laced from wear and tear and stretching and moisture, it is not a showing of quality. a custom glove is a custom glove and I never had a custom glove growing up but I will tell you when you son or daughter has one and enters the field with a unique glove that shows her personality or heritage it is nice feeling (may not make them a better fielder lol) but in the end a wise old coach told me ..it is not the BOW AND ARROW but more importantly THE INDIAN using it .. any glove used properly and taken care of and most importantly broken in properly should last a long time... enjoy the smiles on the kids faces when they see a new glove for the first time ...memory is priceless ..stay safe everyone

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The 12” is pretty small - I wouldn’t want to go any smaller for a younger player.
12" gloves have always been the sweet spot for us, plenty of 11.75" and 12.25" gloves that would work and work well but 12" gloves always worked the best for us! Of course I'm talking about pitching and SS, not in the outfield.

I've only had one 44 Pro glove in my hands before, gotta say I was less than impressed, but that's been 2 maybe 3 years ago so maybe things are different / improved now. And before anyone asks, the palm liner was the main issue, it was terrible, it had this slimy, squeaky black material that I'm still not sure what it was, sure didn't feel like any leather I've ever felt before! But I am pretty spoiled when it comes to liners! :giggle:

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
For Christmas, my daughter was asking for a fielding glove. She loved her Custom Vinci, but it is ready to be retired. Bought her an A2000, but as most know, the 12 inch A2000 measure about a quarter inch short which makes for a good middle infield glove, but she preferred the size of the 12inch Vinci for corners and outfield.

Ive been curious about the quality of the 44 Gloves, and they happened to be having a sale on a create your own fastpitch glove. I think it cost me $140 ish all in, so I figured if it doesnt pan out, Im not out a fortune.

I went with the Pro 44 model and added the kip palm lining and few embroidered items. The process was easy, I knew the colors my daughter liked, as I found her playing around on the designer tool about 6 months ago. Added some loudness to it, as she likes, and it went fairly quickly. Process took about 6 or 7 weeks and I have to say, so far so good.

I went with a 12.25, Kip leather, , and I have to say, Im impressed. She loved that it came with a glove bag with her last name on it, and the craftsmanship seems great. I ordered it Pro Stiff, so she will have a lot of work to do before its game ready.

Ive yet to measure the true size, but will do so when I get a chance. Time will tell how it holds up.

It took every bit of me to not order her a Rawlings Pro Preferred, but thought this is one of the few gloves I have no experience with. Save it for the next glove if she doesnt fall in love with this one.

Ill have to upload other photos later

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When did you order yours? I ordered one for myself the day after Thanksgiving and its been stuck in the “Preparing for Shipment” phase since 12/31. Hopefully it arrives somewhat soon.

Feb 14, 2019
Thinking about a Bradley for my dd. Considering an 11.5 or 11.75, not sure which yet.
We got a 12" Bradley for my 10yo DD, which she loves. She's used it for every position on the field at this point (including catcher but I can't recommend it there in good conscience, lol). I'd maybe go down to an 11.5/11.75 if she was only going to play middle infield, but at her age I don't think it's impacting her play and she could be anywhere on the field at any time. Can't say enough good things about our experience with Bradley and everyone we've turned on to them also loves them.

Dec 2, 2019
We got a 12" Bradley for my 10yo DD, which she loves. She's used it for every position on the field at this point (including catcher but I can't recommend it there in good conscience, lol). I'd maybe go down to an 11.5/11.75 if she was only going to play middle infield, but at her age I don't think it's impacting her play and she could be anywhere on the field at any time. Can't say enough good things about our experience with Bradley and everyone we've turned on to them also loves them.
[/QUOTE
The only thing holding me back from buying one is I can't decide on what size.

Dec 2, 2019
When did you order yours? I ordered one for myself the day after Thanksgiving and its been stuck in the “Preparing for Shipment” phase since 12/31. Hopefully it arrives somewhat soon.
I got turned off on the 44's because of this. There is a couple recent comments on their FB page about ordering gloves in November and the company not answering emails as to the status of the orders.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
Pretty sure I ordered right around the same time you did

Oct 26, 2019
This had been our experience with Bradley. The only knock I can think of on our Bradley glove is the palm leather is a little thin so my DD says it stings when you catch it wrong more then her other glove. I’m guessing they go lighter on the palm to make it easier to break in.

Dec 5, 2017
I was debating 11.5 or 11.75 because she mostly plays MI. Her hand is so small that her fingers barely reach the finger stalls on her 11.75 Allstar and she had been struggling to close it. It's not an issue now. We were talking the other day about it and she put it on and is finally able to close it easily. Part of the problem is the way she was cinching the pull straps down I believe. After reading a comment about girls using the velcro wrist straps wrong I realized she was having the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45