2014 NCAA D1 Softball Pool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Time for another shot at being the "prognosticators of prognosticators"...

The NCAA bracket has been released.

There are 16 "regional tournaments" first. Then, there are 8 super regionals, followed by the CWS. At the CWS, there are two teams that play the "championship series" for the NCAA D1 title..

Each round counts 16 points. So, 1 point for picking regional winner, 2 points for picking the super regional winners, 8 for the championship series, and 16 for the champion.

SO:

*PLEASE* use this format:

List regional tournaments champions, followed by super regional champions, followed by the team teams playing the final teams playing in the championship series, followed by the ultimate champion. For the tie breaker, put the *TOTAL* number of runs scored in the *ENTIRE* championship series.

FOR EXAMPLE:

REGIONALS

Oregon, Minnesota, Arizona state, Florida state, Florida, Washington, Baylor, Georgia, UCLA, Kentucky, Arizona, La-Lafayette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Missouri, Alabama

SUPER REGIONALS

Oregon, ASU, Washington, Georgia, UCLA, Arizona, OK, Alabama

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Oregon, Georgia

CHAMPION

Georgia

TOTAL RUNS SCORED

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Is this your ballot, or just a sample? I like the idea of Georgia winning!! ...

I don't think they're ready, though. No seniors on team, so might '15 might be the year.

Sep 18, 2011
Regionals

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Florida State, Florida, Northwestern, Tulsa, Georgia, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Louisville, Louisiana-Lafayette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Nebraska, Alabama

Super Regionals

Minnesota, Michigan, Florida, Tulsa, Kentucky, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tennessee, Alabama

Championship Series:

Michigan, Tulsa

Champion:

Michigan

Total runs scored:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 18, 2011
Nobody? I know my picks are sheer genius (you could qualify for a substantial loan and the only collateral you'll need are these picks!!) and that you cannot even hope to compete with me, but i'm a bit disappointed. Sluggers - none of these wimps want to play so send me my prize now please.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I like Sluggers picks so I'm going with them. I like the hopefulness your picks show 29dad, it is the type of hopefulness that can only be born from months of staring out a window at a blanket of white while eating Lutefisk and dancing the polka while dreaming of shoots of grass struggling to be born out of the bleakness that is the tundra of your homeland. Knowing, then hoping, and finally simply having faith that spring, while only a distant memory in those bleak winters, will one day come, literally one day...and then you will be eaten alive by blood sucking insects in a humid swamp while listening to Prince and saying prayers to Fran Tarkenton....all the while cursing the western folk who are playing beach volleyball on a substance that looks surprisingly like snow, yet not as cold or wet. Their tanned toned bodies in stark contrast to the necessary Midwest blubber needed to survive something as simple as a trip to the mailbox.

You hearty northern folk have my respect and I wish your girls, the few of them actually on your softball teams, the best of luck as playoff season begins tomorrow.

Dec 7, 2011
Regionals

Oregon,Minnesota,AZ State, FL State,Florida,Northwestern,Tulsa,Georgia,UCLA,Kentucky,Louisville,LA Laff,OK,Tenn,Nebraska,Bama

Super Regionals

Minn,FL State,FL,GA,UCLA,Louisville,OK,Bama

Championship Series:

GA,Bama

Champion:

GA

Total runs scored:

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Regionals:

Oregon
Auburn
Arizona State
Florida State
Florida
Washington
Houston
Georgia
UCLA
Kentucky
LSu
ULL
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Missouri
Alabama

Super Regionals:

Oregon
Florida State
Florida
Georgia
UCLA
ULL
Oklahoma
Alabama

Championship Series:

Georgia
Alabama

Champion:

Georgia

Total runs scored:

Apr 1, 2010
REGIONALS

Oregon, Auburn, Arizona state, Florida state, Florida, Washington, Tulsa, Georgia, UCLA, Kentucky, Arizona, La-Lafayette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Nebraska, Alabama

SUPER REGIONALS

Oregon, ASU, Florida, Georgia, UCLA, Arizona, Oklahoma, Alabama

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Oregon, Georgia

CHAMPION

Oregon

TOTAL RUNS SCORED

Feb 7, 2013
Time for UCLA to get their 12th National Championship. Go Bruins!

REGIONALS

Oregon, Minnesota, Arizona state, Florida state, Florida, Washington, Tulsa, Georgia, UCLA, Kentucky, Arizona, La-Lafayette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Missouri, Alabama

SUPER REGIONALS

Oregon, ASU, Florida, Georgia, UCLA, Arizona, Tennessee, Alabama

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

UCLA, Alabama

CHAMPION

UCLA

TOTAL RUNS SCORED

Dec 7, 2011
We won't tell RB and Cuzmail that GA & Alabama are on the same side of the bracket and can't play each other in the championship game. Shhhhh, it will be our little secret.....

Huh?
When they get past super regionals aren't they all in the world series together?
What did I miss?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA